With Sculpsure, are multiple treatments beneficial for better results? (photos)

I had 2 Sculpsure treatments 12 weeks apart (upper and lower abs) and wanting more. Would I get more dramatic results if I did a repeat in the same area rather than 2 different areas like I did before? I heard the second treatment was not as effective as the first one. I'm not sure if this is true and I don't want to waste my money on more treatments if it is. So my question is if one treatment in an area reduces fat by 24%, then will a second treatment in the same area reduce belly fat by 48%? Thanks.

Are multiple SculpSure treatments beneficial for better results?

In general, the more times an area is treated with SculpSure, the more improved the result will be.  Each treatment session will destroy approximately 24% of the fat cells in treated area.  This does not mean that 2 treatments will produce 48% fat cell destruction.  For example, if 25% of the fat is destroyed in each session, 4 sessions will not produce 100% destruction.  The percent of reduction is based on the number of existing fat cells at the time of the treatment.  So, let's say there are 1000 fat cells in a treatment area.  The first session would destroy 24%, or 240 cells, leaving 760 cells.  The next session would destroy 24% of the 760 cells, or 182.4, leaving 577.6.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure multiple treatments for best results

Hello Mommy0613, Thank you for your question. Your before and after pics are great! Now to answer your question, absolutely you will achieve a dramatic improvement when you repeat the same areas. Each treatment is up to 24% fat reduction. Best to you and keep us posted! Dr Faraz

Sculpsure repeat treatments

Congrats on your great result with Sculpsure.  The 24% reduction is based on a cross-sectional study and is only an average.  It's not a hard and fast number and can vary with individual and certain areas.  The laser can only penetrate so deep into the tissues, so it doesn't really know what 24% is.  That being said, you need at least an inch of fat for that area to be ideal for the procedure.  Therefore, if you still have at lease an inch of fat in an area, then theoretically you can have more treatments with continued improvement until you get below that.  Hope this helps, and good luck!

Nice result... Could benefit from additional treatments

For most patients, multiple treatments are going to give the best results.  They are generally best to be done 8-12 weeks apart.  Each time your remove about 24% of the fat that is there, so two treatments will not equal 48% reduction.  It is approximately 24% reduction of what is there the first time and then 24% reduction of what is there the second time.  You look like you have a nice result from your early treatments with SculpSure.  The benefit of SculpSure is you can do it almost as many times as you want to over a course of time. 

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS

SculpSure treatments

This number is an overall average reduction in the fat on the treated areas, this means, two SculpSure sessions does not equal to double the fat (48%) reduction; each treatment contributes to the achievement of 24% fat loss. This is an average number not a guarantee, some patients may experience more and some patients may experience less, everyone responds differently to laser treatments. 

This percentage of fat loss is applicable to the treated area only. So if you treat multiple areas you should ensure that you continue to treat the same areas to see improved results. Also, please note  24% fat loss does not necessarily result in weight loss. Hope this helps!

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

You should get further improvement

the 20-25% fat reduction is not an exact science and will vary from person to person. You should get further improvement by additional treatments to the abdomen, though not necessarily a 20-24% reduction of fat every time. you can also have 4 paddles applied to your abdomen at once and then follow immediately with 4 paddles to the flanks. Keep spacing the treatments to the same area 4 weeks apart.

Smartlipo is a good back up plan, if you don't achieve as much improvement as you wanted.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. The 25% number is not additive. In other words, the Sculpsure treatment can melt up to 25% of your existing fat. Your second treatment may or may not be more effective than the first, as the treatment capability depends on the patient, the surgeon's plan and your desires. Please consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. SculpSure is the most effective treatment on the market to eliminating subcutaneous fat in the flanks and tummy.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure Results

The literature indicates that one will see a 24 percent improvement in one or multiple areas. This 24 percent can occur with one treatment or up to 3 treatments. The more treatments you have in one area, doesn't necessarily mean that a higher percentage of fat will be dissolved. It is best to treat adjacent areas to help blend and enhance the overall effect.

Robert M. Wald, Jr., MD

SculpSure is still evolving

SculpSure is still so new, less than a year on the market, that we as physicians and the company, Cynosure, are still learning how best to treat our patients.  Currently, the recommendation is "treat to complete", which means we are now using more applicator heads per session to achieve better results, rather that performing multiple sessions months apart.As an example, typically an abdominal area is treated with 4 heads in one session.  Now, we are recommending up to 12 heads in one session on the abdomen and flanks.  The results are better and repeat sessions are less.Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon