Liposuction of my back rolls. Is it a fail or not? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 6
Was liposuction a failure?
- I seen bloody drainage from an incision, so you just had your liposuction.
- You absolutely cannot tell what your result will be - you are swollen and may swell more.
- You will not have see much improvement for 6 weeks, and not until 6 months will you know your final result.
- In the meantime, work on restricting calories and exercising as soon as permitted so you can lose weight.
- If not, fat will return to other parts of your body.
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.
You might also like...
Limited results from liposuction
The first is that it takes time to see the final results after liposuction.
Three months at a minimum.
The second is that liposuction is not the treatment of choice for loose skin.
You may have had significant subcutaneous fat, but if it's present with skin laxity, liposuction will give limited results.
Some people are good candidates for liposuction and should expect dramatic changes. Some people are not candidates and do not have the potential of seeing great changes.
It is the plastic surgeon's responsibility to make a proper assessment and explain potential outcomes.
The skin folds or creases of the back bra roll are not able to be removed with liposuction.
The skin folds are caused by skin attachments on the chest wall.
As the arm is moved down, the skin drops, and creases are formed where the skin has attachments.
If you stretch one arm straight up and take your other hand and push against your skin you will notice that your subcutaneous fat it's probably not nearly as thick as it seems.
With your arm in the downward position, as the creases form, the fat layers appear much thicker.
I suggest you follow up with your plastic surgeon and express your concerns to him or her.
Best of luck,
Mats Hagstrom, M.D.