What is the Cost of Total Body Laser Hair Removal?

I am considering having total body laser hair removal, from face to toe. I was just wondering what the cost of such a procedure is; from the highest of costs to the lowest of costs.

Also, to inquire if this method is 100% permanent or will it only last for a year or two then all come back? Thank you for giving your time to answer my questions, I really appreciate it.

It depends on the area treated, generally, and it's usually charged per session. At our New Jersey clinic, it's the following:

Chin $150
Sideburns $150
Underarms $250
Arms from elbow down $350
Bikini Area $250
Brazilian Bikini $350
Both Legs $650
Knees $400

Of course pricing varies greatly.

Laser Hair Removal on Entire Body Shouldn't Be Done in One Day

Laser hair removal has come a long way since we began doing this well over 20 years ago – and you ask a great question that needs to be addressed very carefully. You can have lasers all over your body – but if topical anesthesia is used you cannot. You risk what we call toxicity from the anesthetic, and this is not something you want as people have died from using too much of this in one sitting.

So I hope that does not scare you from the laser procedure but steers you to where you need to be – at a reputable office, like a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, where we understand the limits and know when to stop. This is incredibly important. You can have multiple sessions treating multiple areas – and several areas can be treated on the same day – but not the whole body. It is something that I would not recommend and I have been doing these proecedures for a very long time.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Price for total body laser hair removal Prices start at $45 per area

First of all, complete laser hair removal is possible and desired by some people. Most offices, including my own charge less for multiple areas. 
Beware of laser hair removal prices that are TOO low.  There are many low priced lasers that simply don't work, therefore, the prices are lower than you would expect to pay. On the other hand, the very best lasers have more power and a larger spot size. The large spot size allows the laser energy to reach the root of the hair even when it is deep. It also allows for a faster treatment. I my practice, we use top of the line lasers that work very fast and are equipped not to need a cool down time, so we can charge less and still be profitable
Look for physician owned and operated laser hair removal centers that are truly medical facilities. Also be certain a laser center has multiple laser as no single frequency works for all skin  types.
Laser hair removal will not work on white, blonde, red or grey hair

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Total hair removal cost

Many patients like the totally bare concept and offices with newer high speed lasers with advanced cooling can do full bodies more efficiently and safer than in years past.  The cost can vary from around $100 per area but look for  factors other than cost to ensure your treatment will be both safe and effective.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal Price For Full Body

Laser hair removal pricing depends on several factors. These include the following:

technology used
area targeted

Even the city in which you're located can be a factor. Usually, you can expect to pay over a thousand dollars or two for the full face and body in Toronto, Ontario, and this is for one session. It is difficult to say how many sessions you'll need. Some patients have been happy with just 3 sessions, while others require 6-8 or even more. Different areas will also react differently. Discounts may be available if you buy a package of treatments.

Ask for a test patch to be performed before you proceed with your treatments. This will help you see how your skin reacts to the technology used.

Cost for Laser Hair removal

The cost often depends on the following: how big an area I need to treat, the difference between the skin and hair color, the size of the hair shaft, the exact locations that the patient wants treated, and age of the patient.

As you can see, there is no "fixed" cost. Someone that is 5'3" tall has less area than someone that is 5'10" tall. The later individual would take more time and thus, cost more.

You should seek consultation with a reputable office -- maybe more than one in your area to understand the possible costs.

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS