Can CoolSculpting Help Get Rid of Fat in Men's Breast?

Is surgery the only answer or can coolsculpting help eliminate extra fat in the breast?

CoolSculpting can be effective for pseudogynecomastia in some male patients

CoolSculpting is FDA-approved for treatment of the flanks (love handles) and abdomen but not for the male chest.  After long discussions of the risks and benefits, I have had success with off label use of CoolSculpting for treatment of male pseudogynecomastia (increased fat in the male chest).  Careful patient selection is critical because CoolSculpting is not effective for gynecomastia (excess glandular tissue in the breast).  -Dr. Keaney

Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for Male Breast

Thank you for your question. You will need to be evaluated first to know if you are a good candidate for treatment. There are two things that this area could be, it could be fat, or breast tissue which cannot be treated with CoolSculpting. I recommend having an evaluation with an expert to determine if you are a candidate for treatment. Best of Luck! 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

CoolSculpting for Men

Mens pecs requires assessment to be able to know if it can be treated or not. There is two things that the area could be, it could be fat which can totally be treated or it could be breast tissue, which cool sculpting will not treat. There is honestly no real way of knowing which one it is but the nurse can assess the area. 

Edward Stokes, MD
West Hollywood Physician

Coolsculpting for male breast

I have seen good results for Coolsculpting for the male breast, but I would say that there is a big 'depends' on the skin laxity and how fibrous the tissue is.  

This is one area that I often caution patients that surgery may be needed as a back up option if they are not satisfied either because there is not enough reduction, or because there is too much skin laxity.  I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area so you can discuss the options in more detail.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Can Cool Sculpting treat man boobs?

Cool sculpting treats fat.  It doesn't effect breast tissue.  An examination needs to be performed to understand what treatment(s) would be best.

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it

CoolSculpting for Male Breast Reduction

Gynecomastia by definition is proliferation of male breast tissue.  While  I do not expect that CoolSculpting will reduce fibrous breast tissue,  CoolSculpting may have the effect in some patients of reducing breast area subcutaneous fat excess.

We are currently studying CoolSculpting on men's breasts in my practice.  I am hoping that men with excellent skin tone no nipple or areola irregularities and a small amount of unwanted fat in the breast area could achieve positive results with CoolSculpting.  Although this is something I am studying,  we are currently not offering CoolSculpting for male breast reduction  to the general population.

If you do elect to have this are treated, I would strongly suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs a significant number of gynecomastia surgery procedures in addition to offering CoolSculpting. 

There are certainly some cases of gynecomastia that would NOT benefit, and could potentially be worsened by treatment with CoolSculpting alone.  

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

TruSculpt can be used to treat male breast

There is a new treatment called TruSculpt which uses heat (RF energy) to eliminate fat cells if that is the main problem. Some patients need to have breast tissue removed but for those with fat as the main problem, the TruSculpt is easier to apply than other "Cool" technologies. The Trusculpt is a one hour, zero downtime procedure with little or no pain, no anethesia and you can go right back to work or to the gym after.

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Not Cleared For Breast Area

CoolSculpting is FDA-cleared for the flanks (love handles) and abdomen and is proven to be a safe and effective treatment. Unfortunately, at this time it is not approved for use on men's breasts. Gynecomastia surgery is certainly another option to eliminate extra fat in a man's breast. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Coolsculpting for mens breasts

Although this is performed , it is an off label non FDA approved use of Coolsculpting and should only be performed after all risks explained to patients. There have been reports of excellent results as well as those without good results in this area. We do not do this in our practice.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for male chests?

Hi,

We have treated many male beasts to reduce pockets of fat that men find embarassing.  This area responds very well and patients are pleased with how quickly we can see a result.  We always counsel patients that this area is an off label indication.

Dr.Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon