Coolsculpting 10 weeks ago, don't see a different?

Its 10 weeks ago that I had my Treatments on my love handles and the upper leg's, does that mean it doesn't work?

Coolsculpting 10 weeks post

There could be a number of factors. First, request to meet with your treating physician. Many patients do not remember their starting points so a review of photos is important. Second review your weight and ensure that it has remained the same. If patients gain weight, then the remaining fat cells can grow hiding any improvement that has occurred. There are a small percentage of patients that did not have improvement in the clinical studies. Those were generally patients 30 pounds over their long term stable weight so patient selection for coolsculpting is important.

Cool sculpting

Have you returned to the office for follow up photos and evaluation.  Has your weight been the same.  Without looking at your before and afters you may find it difficult to determine the change.

CoolSculpting and Results

CoolSculpting is a great non-invasive treatment for reducing bulges in the abdomen, flanks, thighs.  It can take up to 4 months or more to see the full effect.  I would encourage you to return to your treating physician for evaluation.

Although you usually see a difference with Coolsculpting starting at about 3 weeks, it can take up to 4 months to see the result

Seeing no result after 10 weeks doesn't mean that you will not have a result.  Sometimes the mind gets used to a gradual change in the body's shape and comparing before and afters would be helpful.  Not everyone gets results with the Coolsculpting, its around 80% or higher though.  Treating a second time will most likely result in an improvement.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

No results seen 10 weeks after CoolSculpting

It can take 3-4 months to see the full results after a CoolSculpting treatment, so 10 weeks could still be too early to see noticeable improvement.  I would suggest contacting the physician who treated you and you could look at your before pictures to see if there has been any change yet.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon