Does Coolsculpting Work on Inner Thighs?

I want more sculpted inner thighs as I have fat on the inner thigh but not on the outer thigh

Coolsculpting can be used for inner thighs on some people

The limiting factor is the handpiece attachment.  If it can attach, then Coolsculpting can be used for this area.  Another alternative for helping inner thighs without a lot of downtime is the Body-Jet, Water Assisted Liposuction.  The Body-Jet will remove the fat faster and more aggressively than Coolsculpting.  I've heard thru the grapevine that there is a Coolsculpting handpiece in the works specifically to be used for the thighs, but I don't know if this is true or when it should be coming.

CoolSculpting for Inner Thighs

CoolSculpting (cryolipolysis) is a recent form of non-invasive fat reduction. In 2012, the FDA approved CoolSculpting for the abdomen and flanks (love-handles). More recently, in 2014, it was approved for treatment of the inner and outer thigh. So yes, CoolSculpting is both FDA approved and effective for fat reduction of the inner thighs.

John Diaz, MD

CoolSculpting works on the inner thighs

Yes, CoolSculpting works on the inner thighs. BUT, not everyone is a good candidate for CoolSculpting on their inner thighs.  You should have an assessment during your consultation, and your physician will let you know if you are a good candidate or not.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Inner thighs

The CoolSculpting technique works in selected areas. One of these areas is the inner thighs. A clinical exam by a Physician to determine if your tissue and fat are candidates for the procedure is performed first.
Photos are recorded in a standardized fashion to establish your starting point. 
The specially designed applicators are placed over the inner thighs and the procedure takes one hour per side.
Just in case you are someone who has fat on the outer thighs, there is an applicator for this location as well.

R. Brannon Claytor, MD, FACS
Bryn Mawr Plastic Surgeon

Inner thigh Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting can certainly be used for the inner thigh fat. I would recommend visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon as there are several effective options to address this area including liposuction, short scar thigh lift, traditional thigh lift and Coolsculpting. We were the first plastic surgery practice in Houston to adopt Coolsculpting and I can confidently say that Coolsculpting works for the right individual, but many would benefit from other forms of thigh contouring, particularly if there is excess skin laxity that is contributing to the overall concern with the thighs.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

CoolSculpting the Thighs

It is certainly possible that you may be a candidate for treatment of the inner thighs. In our experience patient selection is very important in order to ensure treatment success with this area as the size and shape of your inner thigh can really impact results. For many of the patients that we have treated in this area we have used the Cool Fit applicator but we have found that if your thighs do not conform to a certain pre-treatment shape that you may not be an ideal candidate for this particular treatment area. My best recommendation would be that you schedule a consultation with a registered CoolSculpting provider whose technicians have attended CoolSculpting University so that you can you have a customized consultation and form a treatment plan for treatment to transformation.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Inner and outer thighs

For the right patient with focal areas of fat on the inner and outer thighs, CoolSculpting can be a very effective treatment!  The CoolFit applicator is commonly used for the inner thigh, and the CoolSmooth applicator can be applied to the outer thigh.  In fact in can be so effective, that Zeltiq, the maker of CoolSculpting, suggests waiting a full 90 days after the first treatment before considering additional cycles.  For other body sites, an additional treatment may be recommended as early as four weeks after the first.  If you are considering treatment, you should find an experienced plastic surgery practice for a consultation.  Good luck!

Larry Lickstein, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting works on inner thighs

CoolSculpting does work on the inner thighs. And the machine does have a specific hand piece for this purpose. During your consultation your doctor will be able to evaluate your need and develop a therapeutic plan.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting of the inner thighs

Yes you can treat the inner thighs.  The area has to be prominent enough to fit in the applicator.  For the outer thighs there is a new applicator called the Cool Smooth which treats the saddle bag area or outer thigh.  This requires a two hour treatment but we have two machines at our office in Austin so we can treat both thighs at the same time.

Yes it should work if you have enough fat to pinch!

Coolsculpting works great to reduce stubborn fat on inner thighs. In order to determine if you are a good candidate you need to schedule a consultation to assess the area and see how many applicators you will need on each leg. For inner thighs we normally use the CoolFit applicator but some patients might need two applicators on each side depending on the fat distribution. The second applicator will be placed usually toward the back of the inner thigh to give more contour all over. For the best results we always recommend to retreat the same area in a month.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD, FACS