I want a Brazilian butt lift! Can I use this fat in my stomach? (photos)

My skin is pretty stretched after 7 children. I want a tummy tuck, but I have decided to have the bbl done first so there is enough fat as possible. After about 6 months to a year I will then have the tummy tuck done. Is my skin on my stomach too stretched? Is my skin to thin for the lipo? I was really worried that the fat on my gut wouldn't be able to be used because of the condition it's in.

I want a Brazilian butt lift! Can I use this fat in my stomach?

Thank you for your question.  You can use your abdomen as a good source of fat for the BBL surgery.  When your ready, you will need a tummy tuck.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes. 

Stomach Fat for Brazilian Butt Lift

The fat in your stomach can always be used for  buttock augmentation regardless of the condition of the overlying skin. Knowing that you are already accepting of the need for a tummy tuck in the future, you are giving your surgeon the license to be very aggressive with fat removal as what happens to the stomach skin is not important afterwards.

Buttock enhancement

You have the option of abdominoplasty and taking the excess abdominal tissue for Dermis Fat Graft to the buttocks

Hi. Yes you an use that fat. however, it probably will not be sufficient so most surgeons will also perform liposuction in the hips , waist and flanks.

Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in liposuction and fat transfers. There are many surgeons that currently perform BBl and liposuction a in the land of BBLs , Miami. Some very good....some not so good. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. Many facilities can accommodate patients from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Good luck, research then research some more, Dr. PG

Possible BBL candidate

Thanks for your question. Based on your photo, you could be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. The BBL procedure allows you to have stubborn fat removed from unwanted areas areas and transferred to areas that can benefit from the added volume like the buttocks and hips. Typically, surgeons will remove excess fat (by liposuction) from areas such as the waist, abdomen, and hips. Then, the fat is cross-layered into the upper buttocks to give them a more rounded, lifted appearance.

German Newall, MD

Provided that you do not have hernias, liposuction of the stomach could be performed to harvest fat for fat transfer to the buttocks.