Can a skinny girl get subtle bbl results? (Photo)

Im 5'7 and 119 lbs. I don't want anything drastic just a bit more volume in the back and some hips because I do not have any! Id like a corsseted look as a opposed to a bombshell look (rap video behind). Is this possible? I want a very subtle look. Like a Victoria's Secret Angel with a bit more hip like Candice Swanepoel. I also prefer a VERY skilled female surgeon. I know how important it is to have a skilled hand. I was attacked by a man a few years ago at gunpoint and just feel safer with woman.

Subtle is good

Thank you for so clearly stating your desires and concerns as well as posting a photo.

There may be an issue with harvesting sufficient amounts of fat. Depending on the volume to be transferred, you may need to have several areas liposuctioned.  

Feeling comfortable with your surgeon is paramount for all patients regardless. There are many female plastic surgeons for you to chose from. Today, more women than men go to medical school. The days of the "old boys clubs" of only training men in surgical specialties is something of the past.

Regardless of gender, please follow all the basic recommendations of confirming board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and checking experience, online reviews and bedside manner.

I'm sure you will be able to find someone who can support you and deliver outstanding results.

I'm sorry for your past trauma. I, too, have been robbed and taken hostage at gun point. It's a frightening experience no one should have to experience.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Can a skinny girl get subtle bbl results?

Sometimes, very thin patients have enough fat in the sides and lower back to produce a nice result.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

BBL needs fat

Dear Marie,

A BBL, subtle or not, still requires a fat donor site.  You have no donor sites available on your body.  Consider a small buttock implant?  Good luck!

I think that you need to be seen in person to determine if you are a candidate for a small improvement in your buttocks.

Dr Kayser

Thanks for your question. Based on the description of the enhancement that you are seeking it is very reasonable that you could achieve augmentation with fat despite the limited areas of donor fat available. This is an excellent procedure as it provides as much in contouring as well as volume enhancement. I am also very sad to hear of your experience and wish you true inner healing as your life moves forward. May you have a wonderful day. Dr Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

My recommendation is that you find an ASPS board certified surgeon in your area who specializes in the BBL, and set up an in person consult. An in person consult with an an ASPS board certified surgeon is the only way to determine the best route for your body and your goals.

Work with your surgeon to make sure they know the specific areas you want to add plump. On some occasions patients who are devoid of the fat cells necessary for the BBL are asked to gain weight - through a personally designed booty bootcamp.

This however is not indicative of survival rate or post-surgical success metrics. I have had certain patients gain weight so that we had enough fat to transfer.

It is all about designing the perfect plan for You.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

-Dr. Constantino Mendieta

BBL on thin women

Thanks for your inquiry, we need more images or Please have an in person or a virtual (Skype) consultation so you can discuss thoroughly your concerns, options and expectations. Good luck in your PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon