Missed my period after a Tummy Tuck

I had a tummy tuck June 23, I got my period June 27 very light it last close to two weeks, now is July 28 and I'm lated?!? Should I be worry about it?? I

Irregular period after tummy tuck

Thank you for your question about your tummy tuck healing.

It is very common to have irregular periods for a cycle or two after any surgery.
Of course there are other reasons this can happen - if you skip 4 periods, see your gynecologist.
(And if there is any chance you are pregnant, consider an at-home pregnancy test too.)

Hope you find this answer helpful. Have a great day!

Menstrual cycle after a tummy tuck

Surgery places stress on the body with elevated internal cortisol levels.  This can make the timing of your period off.  It is very normal.  

Missed period after TT

I always tell my patients that the combination of anesthesia and narcotic pain medication can affect menses. However,it is always intelligent to take a pregnancy test to be on the safe side. 

Missed my period after a Tummy Tuck

This is very common after general anesthesia but it is a good idea to get a bregancy test done to be sure.   Best to you

Irregular periods after a tummy tuck

Dear patient,
it is not unusual to have irregular periods after any general anesthesia. nevertheless, if you are sexually active and did not use protection, you should get an over the counter pregnancy test first.
sincerely,
F. Mussat

Florence Mussat, MD

Missed my period after a Tummy Tuck

Sometimes a patient's menstrual cycle can change (lasting more days or delaying) after surgery but it will return to how it was no more than 3 months later.

Yily De Los Santos, MD

Missed my period after a Tummy Tuck

It is not unusual for patients' menstrual cycles  to be  delayed after surgery.  These patients typically resumes their normal cycle 2-3 months after surgery;  if not a visit with your GYN will be helpful.

Missed my period after a Tummy Tuck

Maybe maybe NOT??? Best to do urine or blood for pregnancy. I have had a TT patient who became pregnant 3 weeks after surgery....