Should I lose weight before having SculpSure done?

I am 5'3 and weigh around 145 pounds, I am going to have SculpSure done to get my trouble spots of fat that don't come off even when I'm more lean. Does the SculpSure procedure work better for those trouble areas if I lose a little extra fat before the procedure? Thanks in advance!

Combined Approach to Fat

While I always encourage a reasonable diet along with exercise, I generally steer patients aways from quick weight loss solutions for the purpose of a cosmetic procedure. It sounds like you have the same trouble areas of fat even when your weight is lower. With this in mind, I would proceed with the Sculpsure and continue your path towards appropriate diet and exercise simultaneously. Together they should yield the best results!

You can have Sculpsure now

however you are wise to realize that there is no magic. if you want your best results from the procedure, you will want to increase you exercising and improve your diet.

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is intended to remove the subcutaneous fat, which is difficult to lose no matter how many gym sessions and diet routines you do. SculpSure is intended to help you lost your extra fat as you have put in a lot of effort to create your lean body already. I suggest that you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Optimizing results

Ideal candidates for SculpSure should be within 10 -20 pounds of their ideal weight or with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of under 30. SculpSure technology targets fat in the abdomen and flank areas that are resistant to diet and exercise. If you gain weight in the future, then you may be subject to receiving more SculpSure procedures in order to maintain the results, however the fat cells that you lose with the treatments are completely expelled by the body permanently.Engaging in exercise before and after SculpSure treatment can only enhance your results and improve your appearance so it is a great idea to lose weight!
Good luck!

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Losing weight before SculpSure is not necessary

SculpSure is not indicated if your BMI is over 30.  The only reason to lose weight before a SculpSure treatment would be to lower your BMI below 30, otherwise you are good to go.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure For Body Contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. The best candidate for SculpSure is the patient with a BMI of 25 or less. We have treated many patients with a higher BMI and they have been very happy with their results. You sound like a great candidate for SculpSure. Enjoy your treatment!

SculpSure and Post Results -- Add Vanquish and Cellutone

I find that the more fit you are prior the procedure the better the outcome.  I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ideal Weight for SculpSure

Stubborn fat that remains even at leaner weights is the ideal fat to treat with non-invasive treatments like SculpSure and there is no need to loose the weight prior to your SculpSure treatment.  It is always a good idea to get to healthy weight.  Your BMI (ratio of height to weight) is currently 25.7. Ideally we would like to see that less than 25, which would be 140lb or less. I have found that once we get rid of those stubborn areas with SculpSure, the motivation to loose that 5-10lbs is higher.  Once you loose that weight, not only will your SculpSure treatment look even better, the rest of you will look better.  I recommend, "do it" and get the results and the health you want!

SculpSure ideal BMI

The most important factor is to have a stable weight over time. Patients who gain or loose 10% within 6 months period are generally speaking not great candidate for body contouring. The key word here is stable weight. In our hands patients who are the happiest with the treatment are patients with good skin elasticity who are near their ideal BMI and have a small stubborn area that they get treated.

Hooman Khorasani, MD