Can I re-inflate these floppy breasts with SALINE? Goals: Balance my figure, less flappy, restore fullness, not so far apart.

Originally thinking silicone-now afraid due to the cost of MRI's for ruptures/surgery to repair silicone. What do you think my best saline options are for more volume, less wide cleavage, retaining nipple sensation, avoiding sutures at the nipple or vertical scars. I am willing to go under muscle if this is the best. Have my first appointment with a board certified PS, but would love to hear some feedback before this. 52 years old, 6' tall, 125#, walk on treadmill. Nursed 3 kids, lost 25-30#

Saline Implants?

Thank you for your question!  For a more natural look you may want to consider gel implants under the muscle.  Make sure you find a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your expectations.  Best of luck!Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicago Hoffman EstatesOak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Reinflate floppy breasts with saline implants

Thank you for your question.  Because you are very thin if you choose saline breast implants it is important that they be placed beneath your chest muscle to reduce the chance of visible rippling.  My big concern in a very thin person without  excess breast tissue is visible rippling of the saline breast implant.  However since you are concerned about the dangers of silicone rupture most likely saline is a better option for you.  For more information on choosing the size of your breast implants please read the following link:

Looking for right implant

Thank you for your inquiry about breast implants.

Saline implants, like gel implants, can reflate your breasts. They can go under the muscle, like gel implants. However you are very tall, very thin, very active. You are likely to be able to feel the edge of any implant, even under muscle, and you will definitely be able to feel the saline more easily than the gel.

Saline implants are likely to deflate at some time. I have however so far always been able to replace these quite easily in the office with local anesthesia.  Best wishes.

Saline vs. Silicone Breats Implants

Submuscular breast implants are going to be best due to your thin tissues. But the choice between saline and silicone implants must factor in many different issues including the visible rippling that will occur with saline implants and their eventual spontaneous and dramatic deflation that will inevitably occur. This must be compared to silicone, which may have a higher initial cost, but will last longer and feel and look better. Most other issues, the risk of loss of nipple sensation etc, are going to be the same regardless of the type of breast implant used. 

Re inflate breast with saline

We have many individuals who are concerned with implant leaks and capsules and MRI and choose a saline implant with very good results and an acceptable amount of implant show through. You can indeed avoid breast scars and a lift, though your tissue is very thin and submuscular augmentation is going to be a must.

Can I re-inlfate my breasts

Implants are a nice way to add more volume and fill in some of the tissue that has been stretched out after nursing and weight loss; however, you may need to address some of the loose tissue. If this tissue is ignored, you risk the tissue to hang off the implant. The other concern that you might have is nipple location. The best option for you  would be to have an augmentation with either saline or silicone and a classic breast lift ( mastopexy). 

Saline implants in slender patients??

Saline implants under the muscle are certainly an option. Very slender patients will generally have more rippling with saline than silicone gel implants and may not be as pleased with the ultimate cosmetic results.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure may not be in your best interest. I would suggest that you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Saline Implants

You certainly can have your breasts augmented with saline implants.You will get some lift and greatly improve your volume.With saline implants there is a significant risk of wrinkling after surgery particularly in thin individuals.There is also a risk of deflation with saline implants.

Silicone gel implants are a better aesthetic choice in thin women.

You certainly can you saline implants to reinflate your breasts but the likelihood of seeing contour irregularities is substantial relative to silicone gel.