How to make my forehead straighter? (Photos)

My forehead has a slight slant to it from the beginning of my hairline to my radix. I don't have any brow bossing or a strong brow bone, as you can see my forehead continues to my radix in a straight line. But I don't like the slant on the top and would like it to be straighter like my mother and father's forehead. They both have almost 100% vertical forheads with no slant will mine has a slight one. What is the culprit of this and what can I do to change it? I'll attach b4 and desired photos.

Forehead shaping

The culprit is either a high hairline, genetically rounded forehead, or bone loss.

Depending on which it is (determined by facial analysis) the treatment will be different.

For the first one we can lower the hairline with a forehead lift. The latter two can be corrected with filler or even better with fat grafting.

Hope this helps.

DrC

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Making My Forehead Straighter

It is difficult to determine facial proportions with this picture but I suspect a better result can be achieved by lowering your hairline using the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision Technique that we described many years ago rather than changing the contour of your forehead.

Forehead slant?

I  would advise against using implants or fillers for this issue. This is something that only you notice. If you have a problem then it will look abnormal and others will notice. The only thing that you should consider is a hairline advancement which will shorten the slant and make it less obvious. This is done with the Irregular Trichophytic incision so no scar is seen. 

Upper Forehead Augmentation

Decreasing the slant of your upper forehead is best done by the application of either bone cements or a custom implant for a permanent and assured solution. This is done through a more posterior scalp incision or one right along the frontal hairline.

Skull shape

The problem with a situation like this is that you may make an issue which only you see into an issue that everyone see.  You could fill in the area with HA fillers, which would be expected to last up top 4 years in a non mobile area like the forehead.  Distribution is difficult here, but at least you have the ability to remove the filler if necessary. methyl methacrylate or a custom implant in an open procedure could change the skull shape as well.  

YOu could also grow you hair longer and comb it forward.  

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon