Are there any docs that do BBL on patients with a high BMI, around 40?

My weight goes up and down on a day to day basic I'm looking for a plastic surgery dr that does lipo and bbl for June 2 2015

Is Buttock Augmentation with Fat (Brazlian Butt Lift) performed in Morbidly Obese people (BMI larger than 40?

As any regular viewer of local, national and international news knows all to well people do stupid, selfish and often cruel things every second of the day. As your parents probably taught you, just because you CAN do something does NOT mean that you SHOULD do it.
Operating on large people (BMI 40 and greater) is associated with a large percentage of complications AND of disappointing results. BUT - if you looked long enough, you may find someone who cares more for the money they can derive from you than what they could potentially do to you.
If you stop and think about it, the MOST you can remove safely in an outpatient liposuction (with or without) fat grating is about 10 pounds. What real difference would that make in someone who is 40 or more pounds overweight? 
I would recommend you explore weight loss surgery, if you want to lose the weight, and once you drop to a BMI below 30 consult with a Plastic surgeon as to WHICH operation or sequence of operations would most likely get you the figure you deserve in a MUCH healthier body.

Good Luck

Peter Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Thank you for your question.  I will not perform a BBL on a patient with a BMI over 35.  Your health and safety should be your number one concern.  Please lose weight before undergoing the procedure.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

High BMI

High BMI patients have a higher risk of complications. It is best to get to a lower BMI before having surgery.

BBL in morbidly obese

I'm sure you can find a surgeon to perform a BBL on a patient with a BMI of 40, but the better question is should a person with a BMI around 40 have a BBL.  A BMI of 40 is the definition of morbid obesity. Infections, wound issues, blood clots which can go to the lungs, and heart attack which can be fatal. It is best that you lose weight and have a BMI closer to 30 to reduce your risk of complications. 

Brazilian Buttock Lift

I am sure you will find a plastic surgeon who would do a BBL on someone with very high BMI. The question is it worth the risk of your life to do this. High BMI is associated with the higher risks of surgery, including infection, bleeding, Deep Venous Thrombosis and Pulmonary Emboli (Blood Clots). Plus the fact that the results are not so good, and disappointing after spending a significant amount of money, discomfort and recovery time.

Lipo high bmi

Hello. We can always perform liposuction and bbl on patients with high bmi. It is just that the results won't be so grand due to your weight   It is best recommended that you work in weight loss prior to planning your Brazilian lift. Thanks 

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

You should be within a normal BMI before considering surgery - you are xposed to much higher risks and potential complications. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Bbl with high BMI

Hi... Thank you for the question... Generally this type of surgery is done with BMI around 35... Because the risk that these involve... And the resul

Luis A. Mejia, MD