Is 70 MJ considered too high of an energy level or dangerous for Fraxel Restore?

I am 7 weeks post Fraxel Restore treatment and am noticing some damage to my skin. My pores are larger and there are tiny lines forming between the pores creating a rough texture. My dermatologist treated me at 70 MJ with a treatment level 8 and did 8 passes. I am wondering if there is any way I was treated with too high of an energy depth which is why I am noticing damage to my skin. I am 27 years old, have oily skin and was being treated for enlarged pores and some minor acne scarring.

Treatment levels and passes

If you are talking about co2, 70 mJ is the highest setting, I do have the REPAIR and RESTORE but choose to use a different Fractional device because for acnes scars, I do need higher energy levels. Great laser for overall skin rejuvenation, especially on the neck, but  many other better devices for scar revision. Cheers, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel Restore Fraxel Dual for facial skin rejuvenation

In general, my patients in my NYC practice who have treatment for acne scars on their temples and cheeks undergo exactly the treatment you indicated you had. With each session, I generally increase the density of the fractional laser beams with the Fraxel Restore. 

All procedures have risks and some patients will not have the same good result as other patients.  Anyone who has a less than desirable outcome is encouraged to allow time to improve the condition and reevaluate the skin

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon