Is the 1540 laser effective in reducing wrinkles around the mouth? (photo)

I've had one treatment so far. I am trying to find the best non surgical solution for removing these lines around my mouth.

1540nm laser (Palomar or Cynosure) for lip lines

Thank you for the question and the photo. The 1540nm Erbium laser is a great tool. I use it for minor resurfacing in the whole face and for treatment/camouflage of scars. This laser is particularly useful around the eyes, where the skin is very thin and sensitive. For mild to moderate lip and chin lines, the 1540 is also great. In more severe cases, a more aggressive approach is needed. For these patients, I use the Infini RF (radiofrequency microneedling) or a high-intensity CO2 laser. The latter can only be used in patients with fair skin, due to risk of pigmentation issues. Infini can be used in all skin types. Best of luck and take care!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon