Does a 1540 Palomar laser treatment on the neck have an affect on the thyroid?

Laser treatment of the neck -- thyroid issues?

Thank you for the question. I have never had any problems with any of my devices relative to the thyroid gland. The gland is deep in the neck, under multiple layers of muscle, skin, and fat. 

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

1540 laser effect on thyroid gland

This is a very good question and thank you for asking it.  The Palomar Icon 1540 laser and IPL treatments are light treatments that do not penetrate very deeply. It is highly unlikley that they could have any effect on the thyroid or hormones. As of yet there is no mention of any problems with internal organs associated with skin laser use in medical literature.

Ramon Peleaux, DDS, MD
Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon