What is a cheaper alternative to Liposuction (photos)

I weight 158 lbs, 29 inches at the smallest in my waist and 34 around my love handles and belly button. I can't afford the liposuction treatment I would want, so I'm looking for a more affordable treatment. I'm looking to lose about 2-4 inches off my midsection I also wouldn't mind very cheap treatments that may only take off an inch or two. Budget: less than $1000 Preferably: $500-$700

Minimal expense for maximum results

In plastic surgery there are almost always ranges of options. There is the least expensive, least invasive option on one end of the spectrum and the more expensive, more invasive on the other end. The most useful treatment, in my opinion, on the non-invasive end of the spectrum is CoolSculpting. This is not something that I trusted before I saw results in our patients, but it does provide the ability to get the 1-2 inches you desire, with your build, at minimal costs.  I would treat both sides of your lower abdomen with one treatment using two heads.  Time would be one hour and cost would be $1200 for the two treatments.
Dr. Pyle

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical means of diminishing the waistline?

Diminishing the waistline by liposuction works by physically extracting fat containing cells.  This leads to a permanent reduction in the number of fat cells.  Non surgical techniques to permanently remove fat cells are either not effective or unproven.  As such, creams and external physical techniques are ineffective or unproven.  Reduced caloric diets and exercise do not change the number of fat cells but will reduce the volume of fat within individual cells.  This is a healthy low cost and reliable non surgical method of choice to reduce the waistline.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Alternative to liposuction

CoolSculpting has become a very popular non-surgical procedure for the reduction of fat pockets. It is done in the office with no downtime. It costs a little more than your budget, but it will depend on how many treatments you want to have done and how many areas.

Miguel Delgado, MD

What is a cheaper alternative to Liposuction (photos)?

There are non-surgical ways to shape your waistline, but the results are more gradual than liposuction.  CoolSculpting is a method to non-surgically treat the fat in the love handle region.  It utilizes cooling technology that freezes the fat cells, which then undergo a process of organized cell death which in turn gets eliminated safely from your body.  There is no downtime, the procedure can be done in the office with no anesthesia required, and each treatment area takes about an hour to treat.  For example, the flanks usually require 2-4 treatments (depending on the size), and on average each treatment costs around $650.  However, I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to determine your exact needs.

James C. Grotting, MD, FACS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Avoid shortcuts for problems easily treated by liposuction

You appear to be a good candidate for liposuction. Weight loss might translate into the changes you want. Outside of that liposuction is a predictable and safe procedure for which there are no substitutes at the moment.

What is a cheaper alternative to Liposuction

Try weight loss and exercising as the cheapest method to achieve the desired look. Surgery is expensive and a better option. So start saving up... 

Liposuction alternatives

Unfortunately, I do not think that there are any surgical alternatives that fit your price range. You might be best to invest the money in a personal trainer to try to tone your body without surgery. That option is always better than surgery anyway. 

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon