Is it normal to have back pain after breast implant surgery?

This is a one week post I want to know if it's normal to have back pain after breast augmentation surgery, I also can't keep my back straight which is really bothering Thanks in advance!

Back Pain After Augmentation

My experience is that back pain following augmentation is not unusual.  We typically attribute this to a change in your posture as you try to "protect" your chest.  There may also be some element of referred pain in that stimulation of nerves in the chest may send signals along the nerve to the back where it exits the spinal cord. We do know this for sure but maybe it has some role to play in what you are feeling.  Fortunately back pain virtually always resolves quickly but you should check with your surgeon to be certain nothing more serious is occurring.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Back Pain

Yes,some patients have back pain after surgery. Contact your surgeon to make sure you are healing normally and other issues are not causing the back pain. Best of luck.

Postop back pain

Hello, back pain can occur after breast implant surgery, but it is not possible to confirm that you are healing normally without an assessment.  It is always safest to discuss concerns with your surgeon.

Back pain

Back pain post op could be due to tension, posture changes and poor support. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon to share your concerns and let them advise you.

All the best

Back Pain After Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. While not typical, some patients can have back pain after surgery if their posture is affected.  Large implants can trigger back pain in some patients.  Without examination and a more detailed history  it will be impossible to detect other causes. I would bring this matter up with your surgeon.  Best wishes on your recovery.

Breast augmentation early post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its normal to have back pain after breast implants. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD