Tattoo Removal. How difficult will it be to remove? How many sessions? Cost range per session?

I recently got a tattoo, (6 months ago), and I could not finish it because the artist went out of town for awhile after first session. Now I no longer want the tattoo has I am having regret and think it is just not me. Any ideas on how difficult it will be to remove/ how many sessions/ cost range per session? Just for the shaded area, I will worry about the faint outline later. All black ink, over my chest, and I am fairly pale. Also best laser option? Thanks...

Tattoo Removal

There are numerous factors that play a role in determining cost and number of treatments needed for tattoo removal. Skin type, location and size of tattoo, along with ink color are all factors. Black is the easiest of ink colors to remove and typically responses very well to lasers. Cost varies from office to office, but depending on where you go, most places will charge by the size of that tattoo. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

Laser-assisted tattoo removal

Black tattoos sometimes responded beautifully to laser treatment.  I would recommend consultation with physicians who have access to the latest laser technology who also are highly experienced in laser-assisted tattoo removal.  You might also inquire whether your physician uses the DeScribe patch which is FDA approved and has been shown to enhance the rate of clearing in many cases.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon