What questions should you ask at a BBL consultation?

What are some important questions you should ask a doctor when getting a consultation for a BBL?

Questions to ask your BBL surgeon

This is a great question! I always recommend that patients come into their consultation with a list of questions written out so they make sure to ask me everything they have been thinking about. Here are some of the questions I recommend you ask your surgeon:

1. Are you a board certified plastic surgeon? (It is very important you see a board certified plastic surgeon, not a cosmetic surgeon, to make sure your procedure is not only as successful as possible, but as safe as possible.)

2. How many Brazilian Butt Lift procedures do you perform a year?

3. Can I see before and after pictures of your previous Brazilian Butt Lift patients?

4. Do you use a big or a small cannula for the liposuction? (A small cannula is best because it prevents divots and dents in the skin, which are often seen after using a large cannula for lipo. Using this smaller, finer cannula for liposuction takes much more time than the larger cannulas, but the results are remarkably better. The small cannula also allows me to be very meticulous and better sculpt the body.)

5. Is my current weight appropriate for the procedure?

6. How many different areas are you going to need to liposuction?

7. What sort of results can I expect?

8. Are there any of your patients that have had the procedure that I can talk to about their experience?

9. What is recovery like after a Brazilian Butt Lift?

10. Are there any complications I might be at risk for?

Asking these questions should give you a good idea of the surgeon's expertise in Brazilian Butt Lift procedures and help you determine if it is the right procedure for you. Good luck!

BBL and questions to ask

Greetings. Some questions that are pertinent to the procedure that you may want to ask can include:
1) Where are the areas where liposuction would be performed to obtain the fat?
2) What safety precautions are taken during the procedure?
3) What should you expect postop in terms of care and garments?
4) What is the realistic amount of fat to be injected on each side?

A consultation should give you an idea of what to expect and allows the surgeon to describe what can be done realistically.  Good luck!

Ravinder Jarial, DO

I would do research prior to the consultation with regard to credentials, reviews, and before and after pictures.  You may want to ask about the number of BBLs performed each year and the revision rate.

Any concerns you have may be brought up in the consultation.

Any concerns you have may be brought up in the consultation.A few important ones to definitely ask are 1) what areas of your body will undergo liposuction to harvest the fat.2) how do they treat the fat after harvesting. 3) how much volume does your surgeon anticipate can be placed into your buttock. 4) post-operative care and instruction.5) potential long term results.

Gary Motykie, MD

Thank you for your question. You should ask everything that you are uncertain about during consultation. A board certified plastic surgeon should be able to answer all of your questions. It is crucial that you choose a board certified plastic surgeon who performs at least 100 of these procedures per year. Look at before and after photos, check board certification on the American Board of Plastic Surgery website, read reviews, read about the procedural technique, etc.

German Newall, MD

Brazilian Buttock lift

Board certified plastic surgeon with experience and who care for you as a patient.
People claim doing hundreds of these cases. In out literature no one can do hundreds. According to the statistics from our society there were 400 BBL done last year, divide these numbers by 5000 board certified plastic surgeons 

BBL questions

I think it is most important to find a qualified board certified plastic surgeon and member of ASPS or ASAPS. He/she will answer your questions during your consultation.

Questions to ask before having a brazilian but lift.

Thank you for this question, it's a great one:
1-are you a board certified plastic surgeon?
2-how many BBLs have you done last year?
3-is your facility certified as a surgery center?
If the answers are yes,100 and yes...you're OK.
Dont settle for vague answers, is it likely anyone
can't tell you how many buts they did last year!!!

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon