Can Thermage slow aging?

Some clinics say that the effect of thermage can last for 2 to 3 years. Does it mean someone who receives thermage treatment will not look younger than people of her age after 3 years? Or she will still look younger than her age, but not as good as 3 years ago?

Thermage stimulates collagen, and the full results are not seen until 6 months after the procedure. Most patients do Thermage once a year for optimal results, some even do it every 6 months.

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage or Ultherapy for anti-aging

None of these procedures reverse the aging process. 

However, by building collagen, they cause tightening of the skin and are anti-aging. They will require maintenanace therapy every 2 years or sooner. 

Read the Utherapy book provided by the link below. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Thermage Excellent for Building Collagen And Skin Maintenance

As discussed below, Thermage CPT is the newest version of the Thermage device.  The new version allows for increased patient comfort during treatment.  The latest treatment protocols suggest using a total 1200 tip to treat the face.  This allows for the maximum amount of energy to be delivered.  In my office, I suggest Thermage as a great maintenance tool.  Thermage helps build collagen and also strengthen the collagen currently in the skin.  Collagen is part of the framework that keeps skin looking young, tight, healthy, and lifted.  By stimulating its production and strengthening the collagen already present in skin, Thermage CPT is effective at helping people maintain a more youthful appearance.  The results typically last two years, but many people choose to have a treatment once a year to further prolong and improve results.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Thermage and longevity

Thermage is a fabulous laser for the anti-aging, particularly in the face, neck, and jowl area.  I have been using this laser with the new CPT technology for years and have been extremely happy with the results.  The effect of Thermage can last up to two years.  Some patients have Thermage done annually and the results are maintained by the radio frequency technology.  New collagen is created though Thermage which rejuvenates the skin.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist who has a great deal of experience with Thermage.

Thermage stalls aging

I have been performing thermage on the face for the past 10 years and have seen steady improvement in results with improved technology. Now with the thermage CPT and total tip we are seeing greatly improved results. I used to tell patients it was somewhat of a gamble but now we are achieving better results on a consistent basis. If anything it does halt the aging process. Another great technology for the face is the viora reaction treatment.  We have seen great results in the eye area and for abdominal and thigh regions. 

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACS
Bethesda Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thermage is a great treatment for many people.  We have had some excellent results using Thermage. We say that a face lift delays the aging process.  Primarily because it tightens the skin and deeper structures of the face.  We have had many patients do the Thermage every 6 to 9 months as Maintance.  And in those cases I would have to say that is is delaying the aging process while maintaining tighter skin.  

Ben J. Childers, MD, FACS
Riverside Plastic Surgeon

Thermage Procedures

That’s a difficult question to answer as “looking younger than your age” varies from person to person.

The latest version of Thermage is the Thermage CPT with a Total Tip,this machine has the most advanced technology. Thermage CPT uses focused radiofrequency energy to stimulate the body’s own natural renewal process to produce collagen.

A Thermage treatment can help improve the appearance of sagging or loose skin giving you a smoother, younger look with just one treatment and no down time.

At my office I do multiple Thermages a week, our patients see results immediately off the table and continue to get improvement with Thermage CPT Total Tip treatments for up to 6 months as their skin regenerates new collagen.

The benefits can last up to 2 years with proper care. The purpose of a Thermage procedure is to stimulate collagen production to improve laxity of the skin. If the treatment is done preventatively it should improve the amount of collagen you would’ve had, if the treatment wasn’t done. Thermage works so well that many of my patients get a Thermage treatment once a year to continue to stimulate collagen production and keep their skin looking youthful.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if this treatment is right for your concerns.

For more information on Thermage click on link below:

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon