Can overweight or obese people benefit from sculpture procedures like everyone else even though it may take more visits?

Can Obese People Benefit from SculpSure?

I do a lot of SculpSure treatments, but when I am consulting on someone with obesity issues, I try to determine their expectations both financially and the type of result they would like to achieve. Most patients with obesity will need to see a 3 inch or greater reduction over an area larger than the 4 treatment heads cover. A typical abdomen can require 3 or more treatments and a minimum of 12 laser heads to cover the area to see approximately 1 inch reduction, in 1 session. If 3 or more inches is needed, then this would require a total of 36 laser heads or 12 treatments in 3 sessions total to see some difference. CoolSculpt has the same limitations.This would likely cost twice the price of in office liposculpting which can be done while you are awake in the office and would offer a superior result. Make sure you are offered a consult with a physician to help you choose the right procedure for you.

Greenwood Village Physician

SculpSure

SculpSure can help jump start your weight loss routine.

Injuring the fat and then working to reduce caloric intake makes the injured fat more likely to be utilized by your body.  You can finally get some visual results and gain confidence.

Good luck and best wishes,

Dr. Denkler

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Prcoedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.  No compression garment required.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz

SculpSure for overweight people

SculpSure is optimally used for people with BMI less than 30, however, it can be used for those with higher weights and I am seeing results with all body types and sizes. It is important to remember that this treatment is considered body contouring and not used as a method of weight loss. Permanent fat cell destruction can occur in all sizes of people with pinchable, subcutaneous fat which is the target of this technology.

Scuplsure for Overweight Patients

Sculpsure is FDA approved for reducing fat by up to 24% in the flanks and abdomen in patients with a BMI of less than 30.  However, it reduces fat in the same way in patients with a higher BMI.  The benefit of Sculpsure is that it permanently reduces the number of adipocytes in the treated area.  As long as it is not perceived as a weight loss technique or a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle, heavier patients can have obtain great satisfaction from this treatment. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is designed for the stubborn fat that sits in the subcutaneous area of the difficult to target areas. It would be helpful to understand the patient's overweight or obese status to recommend the most appropriate program. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to learn about ways to improve your overall health and fitness.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure for sub-optimal BMI

While Sculpsure should not be thought of as a quick weight-loss fix, we do see benefits for individuals who do not have an optimal BMI.  Since Sculpsure is a body-contouring device, it can help with those parts of the body that are "out of proportion" to the rest of you - regardless of your overall size.  Again, while it is not used for weight loss, using if for those particularly stubborn areas can help give you a more proportional and flattering silhouette.

Linda Hodges, DO
Cedar Rapids Physician

Sculpsure for anyone

You should think of Sculpsure as a body countering device.  Anyone who has the Sculpsure treatment will have a reduction in the thickness of fat in the area treated and it is quite repeatable from treatment to treatment.  However, patients with much larger amounts of fat to loose and in a more diffuse distribution rather than in smaller pockets may be much better off to undergo Sculpsure after an exercise and weight loss program.  Of course, this is subjective unless you are evaluated by your physician who has been using Sculpsure with success.  I advise that you have a consult with a reputable, board certified dermatologist and then decide.

Todd E. Perkins, MD
Washington DC Dermatologist

Overweight patients can definitely do Sculpsure

however you will almost certainly need more than 2 treatments. also it is not magic, It will be important that you try and reduce your weight by dieting and exercising. Sculpsure is not a weight loss technique but can help give you a better body shape by spot treating areas and by reducing the fat cells in that specific area. 

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure for Obese and Overweight Patients

SculpSure is noninvasive  body contouring treatment for stubborn areas of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. We require patients to be at a stable weight when decided to have the treatment. It is not recommended for patients with a BMI over 30 and is not used to help patients lose weight. Each treatment is tailored for each patient's body and the outcome they desire, using various configurations of the applicators. Although fat cells are destroyed during the treatment, a patient who is overweight or obese will most likely require many applicators and many treatments.

Patricia DePoli, MD, FACS
Skokie Plastic Surgeon