Shouldn't I Atleast see minimal changes after the second week? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 3
Liposuction - when do I see results?
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- Everyone goes through this after liposuction.
- You will not see any improvement this early -
- It will take at least 6 weeks to see improvement, six months to see the result.
- The swelling will make you feel bloated -
- For now, focus on limiting your eating and starting to walk for exercise to be sure you don't gain weight.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Liposuction and results at 2 weeks
There can be significant swelling two weeks after liposuction and results may not be visible yet. Some individuals retain fluid and feel heavy but you should consult with your surgeon to determine the cause of your "heavy breathing". When large bulges are removed, results are apparent more quickly as opposed to fine contouring. At 4-6 weeks you should appreciate the results, although they are not final until about 8 weeks.
Dr. Pedy Ganchi Village Plastic Surgery
At two weeks post-op, you are likely very swollen. You have to give it time to heal and settle down. Most swelling will usually go away by about 6-8 weeks.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.