Is 385cc a good size implant?

After 3 children and a weight loss of 9 and a half stone my 34a boobs have lost there stuffing,my consultant says a 385cc implant above the muscle is the best choice,does this sound right? Iam looking for a nice full breast but want them to still look natural.

385cc implants

Thanks for your question.  For any given implant size (in your case possibly 385cc) the final result will vary depending on the person's pre-existing anatomy.   Your surgeon will be your breast source of advice about the potential result.

Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck): Information

Dear Ms. Katd512,Thank you for your question and photos.Breast size is a very personal choice. The correct answer is what proportions you want to achieve.My responses are:1)sizing: A)purchase several bras (full bodied and no padding) of the size you think you want to be. As you realize there are no standard bra (strap/cup) sizes. B)take a measuring cup (1 oz=30cc) place rice in a nylon C) try on various volumes of rice with some form fitting clothes.2) profile of implant: A) for the same volume the higher the profile the narrower the base width. B)there is very little difference in projection between a moderate to high profile implant thus little affect on how the actual nipple will look. C) the base width of the breast should equal the base width of the implant D)thus I personally chose the profile based on the patients chest measurements, (a high profile on a wide chest may not result in the cleavage desired and conversely a low profile on a narrow chest may result in implant in the outside arm area).3)if implant is placed under the pectoralis muscle I usually add 10% volume to what the patient chooses.... To compensate for the muscle pressing down on the muscle and for the naturally settleing of the implant which often makes the breast appear smaller 2-3 months after surgery.    I suggest you make out a list of your questions and select several nude "model" photos of what your desired goals/look would be and then schedule several different consultative appointments with experienced Plastic Surgeons who are Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who are ideally members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).  My best wishes, R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACSDiplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgerywwwimagineplasticsurgery.com4646 Brockton AveRiverside, Ca 92506(951) 686-7600

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Patient's often regret decisions based on extraneous factors as you may end up with suboptimal result. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should be measured during your consult and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile (or SRF) would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD, particularly in a 32-34. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like, pick that style! This requires a consult, exam, measurements and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon. My patients select the implant style and their chest dimensions dictate the number of cc's. I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant. I have included a link with my explanation of the different implants and what to expect from your consult as well as hundreds of before and after photos to see what change implants of a particular size deliver. Best of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarland #HoustonTX

Best implant

Congratulations on the weight loss. Without pictures and an in person exam its hard to comment on the choice of implants. Questions for your surgeon would include: why placing the implant on top of the muscle? what type of implant(saline or silicone), will it be textured? what cup size do you think I will achieve? do I need a lift?

I am a fan of cohesive gel implants placed under the muscle, but everybody needs an evaluation as there are exceptions to any rule.

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

385 cc sized Breast Implants

Breast implant sizing is the most common question in my practice. The size and shape of the implant is based on your breast measurements, your height, and weight. Since you did not submit any photos, it is difficult to tell how 385cc implants would look on your body and if it would fit your frame. In my practice, the most common implant sizes are 350-400cc for women of average build and height if they want to be a full C cup. When placed under the muscle, silicone implants can look much more natural. I recommend that you consult with an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon who has worked with many different kinds of implants. You should also be able to try on different sized implants to make sure that your expectations are clear. I hope that this helps in your decision.

Implants size, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.
First of all I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you better recommendations and advices of your interest. 
In my practice i recommend using - Cohesive Gel - Silicón Breast Implants with textured cover.
They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implants

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately without photos and more importantly, an in-person evaluation, it is nearly impossible to tell you what would be best for you.  If you are unsure about the implants that were recommended for you, ask your surgeon to "try on" the implants in his or her office to get a good idea of what the implants would look like on you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Right post 3 kids

Without a photo it is hard to tell but that is a good size but how tall are you?how much do you weigh?how much breast tissue do you now have?These all help determine the right size but 385 is not too too big.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Is 385cc a good size implant?

Thank you for your question and photographs. Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. I would recommend you voice your concerns with your surgeon, they are in the best position to ensure that the implants the two of your decide upon are the right ones to meet your expectations. It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what they would look like. Best wishes!

Size Choice

The best way to determine the best size option for you is meeting with your Plastic Surgeon in person for an examination. They will take careful measurements and discuss your aesthetic goals with you. There will be a small range of implant sizes to choose from and my patients find it helpful to try on implant sizers in the office with a form fitting T-Shirt. the 385 cc may be a perfect fit for your diameter and good projection based on your desired appearance. I recommend that you discuss further with your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best!