Breast Augmentation with Current Stretch Marks?

My first pregnancy left me with very bad stretch marks surrounding each of my breasts. I am currently an A cup and am interested in becoming a D. Im just curious if it is possible to remove the stretch marks or make them less noticeable. I am super self conscience about them.

Stretch marks and breast augmentation

While breast augmentation surgery will not make your stretch marks disappear, it can improve their appearance significantly.  If the breast looks loose and saggy and deflated in appearance, the stretch marks tend to fold and appear "wrinkly".  When breast implants fill out the skin envelope of the breasts, the stretch marks get "filled out" also and so it looks less "wrinkly" and less noticeable.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Hello

Sorry to say there is nothing out there that will get rid of your stretch marks. Getting a breast augmentation will make your stretch marks more visible for a couple of months but with time they will fade.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)

Stretch marks with Implants

Although it would make sense that stretching the skin would cause stretch marks (striae), in fact I have not seen this in my more than 25 yrs of practice and experience with thousands of breast augmentation patients. This however has been reported so is a very uncommon to rare occurrence. What I have seen however is existing white stretch marks become pink for several months afterwards and then fade.

Breast Augmentation with Current Stretch Marks

Stretch marks are essentials scars in the skin, and are best addressed with excision which is not a good option for the breasts. The stretch marks especially on the upper pole may look better after augmentation, but there is no guarantee. Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Stretch marks and the breast

Unfortunately stretch marks are basically scars within the skin and the only definitive way to correct them is by excision which always results in a scar.  This is not usually practical on the breast, unless performing a breast lift and removing some skin in the lower half of the breast.  The stretch marks along the upper pole/cleavage area may be improved somewhat with the breast augmentation as they would be filled out more and look smoother.  There are some other minimally invasive techniques (lasers) available that advertise the ability to improve the visibility of stretch marks, but I would approach these with caution as the results are quite mixed.  Good luck!

Stretch marks and breast augmentation

Stretch marks are created when the elastic fibers of the skin are stretched beyond their ability to contract.  In essence, they are little scars in the skin.  Since they are scars, there really isn't a good way to remove them other than to cut them out - not a practical approach with breast augmentation.  Filling out the skin with a breast implant may improve the appearance slightly but there is no guarantee that this will happen.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Treatment for Stretch Marks

Sad to say, stretch marks are essentially a scar within the dermis.  This means there is no way to get rid of them.  However, with Breast Augmentation, the appearance may be more smooth, therefore less noticeable.  

Joseph C. Berardi, MD

There is no good safe, reliable, predictable, or cost effective treatment to permanently correct stretch marks.

There is no good safe, reliable, predictable, or cost effective treatment to permanently correct stretch marks.  Don't be swayed by gimmicks.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help for you.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Stretch Marks and Breast Augmentation

Unfortunately, a stretch mark is basically a scar and cannot be removed. However, over time they will fade and become less visible. 

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks do not go away

Thank you for your question. A stretch mark is a tear in the under surface of the skin, almost identical to a scar. For that reason, stretch marks are permanent and will not go away with breast augmentation. They do seem to look somewhat better after breast augmentation as they they fill out a little and look less depressed.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon