Would a Brazilian Butt Look Feminine on a Man?

I mean man's butts are totally different than women's butts. seems to me that man's butt has like a hole on the side of each cheek. Are doctors able to create that shape?

Male Brazilian Butt Lift

A Brazilian butt lift is a technique that that reshapes and augments the buttocks utilizing the patient’s own fat. Liposuction is used to obtain fat from unwanted areas such as the abdomen, flanks and back and used to add volume and contour the buttocks. The fat that is transferred to the buttocks is able to survive when small blood vessels grow into the fat cells. Not all the fat that was transferred to the buttocks will survive. The fat survival rate depends on a variety of factors such as the technique utilized and patient adherence to post care instructions.

This procedure can be performed on a female or male. The only difference may be the aesthetic goal. For men the procedure will focus more on the upside down triangle appearance of the torso. Creating a smooth transition into the waist and buttock area is imperative for optimal results in men. The line and shapes of the muscles will be highlighted in the gluteal region to produce a masculine appearance. However, every patient has individual goals and it is important to communicate those to your surgeon during your consultation.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Male Brazillian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question! The answer is YES! you absolutely can do a BBL on a male.  I have operated on many males and they are thrilled with there results!  I suggest you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel 
Double Board Certified
Plastic Surgeon
Chicago
Hoffman Estates 
Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Male brazilian butt lift

The shape is slightly different but it would be possible to achieve. You need to have enough excess subcutaneous fat in your midsection, thighs and elsewhere. This fat will be removed with liposuction, purified, then injected into your buttocks to give it the right shape.  

Ronald Levine, MD

Male BBL

Thanks for the question.  Absolutely!  Brazilian Butt Lift can be performed on a man or a woman.  It is important to know that the aesthetic goals are different.  As you insightfully point out a man's butt is not as rounded, therefore the work must be tailored accordingly.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

A BBL for Men

Hello adn thank you for your question.

I have performed many BBL procedures for men in my Beverly Hills office.  Men get the procedure to fill the natural hollows, or for other reasons. 

As long as your a canidate for this procedure you should be happy with the results.  You will not end up with a feminized look.  You can look more tone, and have the fullness you seem to desire and retain your masculine look.

All the best.

Dr. Obeng
Beverly Hills, CA

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Would a Brazilian Butt Lift Look Feminine on a Man?

Thanks for your Realself Question regarding whether or not a Brazilian Butt Lift would look Feminine on a man.  A Brazilian Butt Lift is a procedure that transfers fat from one are of the body (tummy) to another (buttocks) through a graft process by injection.  This procedure can be very appropriate for a man wanting a masculine look, depending on the shape he would like to achieve.  Thanks again for your question.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Male Brazilian Buttock Lift

Thank you very much for your question.

I am very pleased to reassure you in saying that fat transfer to the buttock will not look feminine on a man. 

Muscle insertion and shape are very different between male and female bodies.

We also have complete and accurate amount of details to recreate a male vs female shape of the buttock, abdominal wall, chest and limbs that give natural, good looking results.

Good luck with your surgery!

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon

A Brazilian Butt Lift for anyone is all about the patients expectations. If you have an area thats lacking the volume you desire, then having a fat transfer would be a great option! A fat transfer for a male or female doesnt have to make a patient any less or any more feminine or masculine. Consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area would give you further information. Best of luck!

Timothy Treece, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Femimine results on a man with BBL

One can absolutely make a male behind look feminine and vice versa.  It's all about where the curves and dips are accentuated.  Seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon who has a strong sense of 3 dimensionality and a sculptor's ability.  This is one of my favorite body contouring procedures.  Removing fat from where you don't want it and placing it in an area that you do.  Essentially a win-win!

BBL for men

A BBL would not necessarily look feminine. If you have a flat buttock area and it is of concern to you, then BBL would give you a natural result. It does not have to be feminizing. 

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon