How can I lose smile lines in my cheeks? They are like dimples in the middle of the cheeks but bigger. (photos)

Is there any way to get rid of cheek lines? I don't mean smile lines. I mean lines (that are like smile lines) in the cheeks, due to aging and weight loss, or / and smiling. Basically like dimples but bigger. These dents / lines are in line with smile lines in the middle of the cheeks. Is this possible with facial exercises? Thanks.

Cheek Lines Improvement -- Face Lift, Fillers and Fat Injections, and Co2 Laser Resurfacing

These lines are a mixture of aging and genetics.  A combination of lasers and fillers can be used to give improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Lines in mid cheeks

It sounds as though you are referring to the rhytids, or wrinkles, that occur on the mid cheek from lipoatrophy (fat loss) and photo damage from years of sun exposure. I have found Sculptra treatments in combination with resurfacing lasers such as Fraxel to be most effective. Sculptra is an injectable volumizer that increases the body's own collagen production which creates smoother contours and improved skin texture. Resurfacing lasers improve fine lines, skin texture, and red/brown discoloration. Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced in these procedures. Best wishes.

Lines in mid cheeks

Smile lines in the cheeks

Great question.  It is possible to correct these lines using an injectable filler like those in the Juvederm or Restylane families.  However, it is not always an easy fix nor is the outcome always a complete correction of the issue.  Care must be taken not to inject and create unsightly lumps or bulges that are apparent when the face is at rest.  Also, in some patients a physician may need to also address volume deficits in surrounding areas to create the most balance look.  I am not aware of any facial exercises that can be used to correct this problem. I hope this answer helps!

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Smile lines in the cheeks

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon