Had braces removed and now have a droopy mouth. What can I do? (photo)

I am 34 years old had braces on ,but they said i needed to remove some teeth to correct my crooked teeth,so i did ,now that my braces are off my mouth has drooped down and i have lines that practically fold in on the sides of my mouth and on top of that when i smile hardly no teeth show,this has made very depressed..can someone help me or guide me to get help thanks

Doctor Answers 2

Dermal Fillers for a Mouth Frown

Hi Ronrod.  A little, Restylane, Juvederm or Perlane would be great in your situation.  We commonly refer to the droopy corners of the mouth as a mouth frown.  It is partly due to age and partly due to your facial anatomy.  

Longer term you may consider a lower facelift, but in the near term, dermal fillers are a great option.  Look for a talented injector near you that can show you some photos of their own patients like the link below and you should be able to get some relief from this situation.  Good luck.

Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Fillers like belotero or restylane or juvederm do great to upturn the corners of the mouth.

It is so easy to correct the down turned corners of your mouth with fillers such as belotero, juvederm or restylane or even radiesse. Cost is roughly $550 for a syringe which should last 6-9 months . Sincerely,David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.