Bra Line Back Lift? (photo)

Would I be a good candidate for the bra line back lift? Loss 60 lbs then became pregnant right after. Even when I was size 8 I still had back rolls. Would the bra line back lift smooth my back?

Bra Line Back Lift?

I would start with liposuction of these individual rolls to debulk them.  Some the rolls will be vastly improved or removed with liposuctioned.   The remainder can then be removed with the back lift.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction  and body contouring procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

The Treatment Of Upper Back Fat

Although it's difficult to formulate a treatment plan without a physical examination, your history and posterior view picture suggests that you would be a good candidate for a bra line back lift. Unfortunately, without further information, it's difficult to know if this should be your primary procedure. Your picture also demonstrates what looks like significant amounts of redundant lower back skin and your clothing may obscure buttock sag as well. Under these circumstances, you may also be a candidate for a lower body lift procedure.

If this is the case, a lower body lift should be performed first. This could be followed at a later date by a bra line back lift to remove residual skin and fat. This procedure is designed to place the incision in the bra strap area. The procedure removes excess skin and lifts the back skin in an upward direction.

If you're considering treatment of this condition, it's important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. This surgeon should be able to perform an evaluation and formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

Bra Line Back Lift? (

Although a photo is no substitute for an in person 3-D exam, what I see looks good for a bra line back lift. That is provided your general health is satisfactory.

If you are planning to work on weight loss again, I would suggest doing that first. 

All the best. 

Back Lift

Yes, you appear to be a good candidate for a Back Lift. As long as your weight is stable, your cardio-pulmonary status is good and you understand that additional procedures may be required to remove all the roles of your back (i.e. Liposuction) then, you should do well. Consider a consult with a local member of the ASAPS. They are experts in body contouring procedures. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon