Do patients get good results from Cool Sculpting? At least an 80 % success rate?

Patients post minimal pain to pain quite difficult to manage. o your patients get good results from Cool Scupting? I have a large abdomen (top portion under the breast bone). I had no children. About seven years ago, fat started packing on a little each year. I am not interested in a tummy tuck. I will not put myself through that! Can I get some results from Smart Lipo?

Good results from CoolSculpting?

CoolSculpting is unique in that it gives the same results in every patient, every time: 25 to 28 % of the fat cells in the treated area are permanently eliminated. My patients have been very happy with the treatment, and many new handpieces are available such that now you can treat not only abdomen, flanks, and bra tops, but now also back, arms, inner and outer thighs, and banana roll at the upper posterior thigh.  We sometimes combine this with Pellevé or PelleFirm to tighten up any lax areas of skin for real knock-out results.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Patient's results from CoolSculpting

The literature will state that there is about a 20 to 25 percent reduction in fat. We have seen this to be true in our office. We typically recommend more than one cycle per individual area. Every patient is different, so best to get a consult from a certified, experienced CoolSculpt office. It is a very nice non surgical option, especially for those who cannot have post surgical downtime.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting Success Rate

Clinical studies indicate over a 90% success rate which is measured as a 20% elimination of fat cells in the area. Patient satisfaction is extremely high with the treatment, but patient selection is key. I would advise in person consultation and examination to determine if you are a good candidate.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

It would be difficult to tell without seeing you what the best course of action would be.

The great thing about CoolSculpting is that it works. Unfortunately the challenging thing about coolsculpting can be that it works as well. If you are significantly above your target weight you may not be an ideal candidate for coolsculpting as you will want to be sure that the result is even. When you start treating areas that are much larger than the applicators you begin to run the risk of having uneven results. I would highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with the office of a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate your options.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Outcomes

Coolsculpting is an effective FDA non invasive treatment for excess fat.   I have seen some impressive results with a series of 2 treatments. However, the results do vary from patient to patient. Remember, cool sculpting requires no surgery and it will generally yield 10-20% improvement. However, you must understand that cool sculpting is NOT liposuction. Liposuction is a surgical procedure and will yield more definitive results. Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Coolsculpting is safe and effective for the reduction of subcutaneous fat

Hi there-

Without evaluating you in person and as an individual, it is not possible (or ethical or responsible) for me to offer you an opinion about whether or not you are a candidate or if Coolsculpting is your best option. The good news is that if you haven't had children, you probably don't need a tummy tuck...

In general terms, however, I can comfortably tell you:
  1. Coolsculpting is definitely safe and effective- and this is why it is FDA approved
  2. Coolsculpting works best when applied to patients who are carefully selected as good candidates- and not so good for those who pursue it as an attempt to avoid a different procedure that was recommended for them as their best option... In other words, patients who have Coolsculpting because they have been told they need a tummy tuck, and are hoping to avoid one, are generally not so happy with the outcome.
  3. I am not a fan of smart lipo for anything. When it comes to any medical care, the 3 most important questions are- does it work better than other options, is it safer than other options, and (if the answers to the other 2 are yes) is it less expensive than other options? Unfortunately with Smlart lipo the answers to these questions are not yes...

Results with Coolsculpting

CoolSculpting is a great, FDA-approved treatment for fat reduction of the abdomen and flanks. It can be used safely for off-label treatment of the upper arms, inner/outer thighs, bra-strap area and above the knees. The advance cooling technology selectively targets and eliminates fat cells gently and gradually without affecting the surrounding tissue.Patients in our office have seen an average fat reduction of 20-25% with each treatment. Patient's may have multiple treatments done to achieve optimal results. I recommend scheduling a consultation to determine if your an ideal candidate for CoolSculpting.

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Abdomen and Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a great way to reduce a bulge, especially in the abdominal area, flanks, love handles, and now the inner and outer thighs.  It reduces the fat in the area by 20 percent.  If you have a large abdomen, you may need two treatments spaced one month apart to achieve the best results.  Please consult a board certified physician with experience in coolsculpting for the best results.

CoolSculpting Results

Proper candidates will certainly benefit from the CoolSculpting non-invasive fat reduction treatment. In our practice approximately 95% of our CoolSculpting clients see a noticeable result with just one treatment. Some people may require additional treatments, but they are very happy. The level of discomfort varies from person to person, but we have never had anyone complain of excessive or intolerable discomfort with the treatment. The fact that there are noticeable results with no downtime make this treatment highly appealing. If you are serious about the CoolSculpting treatment then your next step would be to set up an in-person consultation for an accurate assessment of your needs. Good luck to you!