Which One is Better Botox or Fillers?

Hi,I have smile lines on my face, my skin is so sensitive and my age is 40. I want to ask that which is better fillers or Botox? Which one have the less side effect Botox or fillers ?If I do fillers or Botox on my face for how many months it will stay?which company is best in fillers and Botox?please give me full information about it. Thank you!

Botox vs Fillers

Botox can be used in many areas of the face to relax the targeted muscle, and soften the wrinkle or "line". In some cases, such as deep forehead lines or deep glabellar lines, Botox and filler can be used in combination to get rid of the line completely. For smile lines around the mouth, a hyaluronic acid filler works well to fill in the area and get rid of the line. Smile lines around the eyes respond well to injections of Botox.
Botox lasts 3-4 months. The duration of fillers depends on the specific filler used. They can range from 8 months to 2 years. There is also a permanent filler called Bellafill. 
Side effects are uncommon with both Botox and fillers. Botox has been extensively studied for over two decades and has been judged to be one of the safest medications ever used. The fillers are made from materials like hyaluronic acid and calcium which are already in your body, so reactions are extremely rare. This being said, it is important to choose an experienced and qualified injector. Side effects can happen if these injectables are used incorrectly. Each company produces good products. Your doctor or nurse will determine which filler or toxin is best for you and give you options. Hope that helps! 

Which is better, Botox or Fillers?

Areas of the face that respond well include 'crows feet' lines around the eyes, vertical frown lines between the eyebrows, and horizontal ('worry') lines on the forehead. BOTOX ® can also be administered just below the lateral aspect of the eyebrow to produce a temporary lateral browlift, which opens up and brightens the eyes.
In some instances, BOTOX ® can be used to soften vertical upper and lower lip lines, to reduce muscle bands in the anterior neck, and even to elevate the nasal tip. While there are some good 'lower face' indications for BOTOX ® administration, in my practice the majority of injections are for 'upper face' (especially eye area) rejuvenation.
One truly remarkable consequence of BOTOX ® administration that I have seen over and over again is the gradual complete disappearance of deep, vertical furrows between the eyebrows (frown or 'scowl' lines). With long-standing muscle contraction, the vertical lines between the brows may become actual physical clefts or grooves in the dermis, resulting in creases that are still apparent even when the skin is spread apart tightly with a finger on each side of the crease. In such instances, the initial BOTOX ® injection will soften but not completely eliminate the deep furrow. With regular BOTOX ® treatment, however, such that the frown muscles are never allowed to fully regain their normal ability to contract, the deep furrows may gradually fade completely.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Botox or fillers

You should consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Although Botox and fillers complement each other, they are not interchangeable, since Botox relaxes muscle movement and fillers replace volume loss.  Each physician has his/her own preference of products to use so you need to find someone you trust. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox and filler recap

Botox is a neurotoxic that paralized the muscle when injected. It may take a week to see full results. Botox does a great job of smoothing out wrinkles in the forehead area and also around the eyes.
Fillers like Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acid, which your body produces naturally. there is also Radiesse which is nice to use to add volume in the cheeks. I personally like Restylane and Juvederm in the lips. You can also use fillers in the nasolabial folds to make them softer. Get an opinion from a dermatologist or plastic surgeon so they can give you a better idea on what would be best for you. Best of luck 

Dhaval M. Patel
Double board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates
Barrington
Oakbrook
Chicago

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Botox vs. Fillers

Thanks for your question! Botox and fillers are used differently, and have their own unique benefits. I would recommend that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who can assess you and determine what products you are a good candidate for. Botox is used to relax overactive muscles which results in smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. Fillers help to replace volume loss and can be used to contour certain facial features. Smile lines often get exaggerated when the cheeks lose volume; I often use Voluma (a facial filler) to address these concerns. There are many different types of fillers which all have their own clinical indication. A consultation with a physician will allow you to ask questions and ensure that you get a treatment plan that is completely customized to your specific needs.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Dermal fillers are best for smile lines

For smile lines, also called nasolabial folds, a dermal filler such as Restylane, juvederm or Radiesse will be better than Botox. Botox works best for dynamic “expression” lines such as forehead lines, crow’s feet around the eyes, and frown lines in between the eyebrows. Restylane Lyft, Juvederm ultra plus, and Radiesse are fairly long lasting, with results of up to a year. Botox usually lasts for around 3 to 6 months, depending on how many units were injected, the injection locations, and individual metabolism. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist for an in-person consultation to find the best treatment plan for your concerns.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox or fillers

Thank you for your question. Botox can be used to soften the appearance of lines and wrinkles that deepen with expression. These include the horizontal lines of the forehead, the frown lines between brows and the smile lines (crows feet) on the sides of the eyes. They typically last 3-4 months. Fillers on the other hand is very effective at filling in the lines or shadows when you are not expressing yourself. They can also be used to shape and lift the face. I would recommend that you visit with at board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist in your area to discuss your treatment options so they can be taylored to your concerns and goals.

Botox and Fillers

Hi Farah.  Thank you for your question. The general algorithm is that Botox is effective in the “upper ⅓” of the face: forehead lines, crow’s feet, and lines between the eyebrows. These lines are “dynamic” lines, caused by underlying muscle contractions. By relaxing the associated muscles, Botox smoothens the upper ⅓ of the face. “Static” lines in the lower face, such as the nasolabial folds, are amenable to facial filler.
Hope this is helpful. Best wishes. Dr. Shah

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox vs. Fillers

Thank you for asking this question that many of my patients have. Botox and fillers treat different issues. The wrinkles formed by active motion such as crow's feet and vertical lines between the eyebrows are best treated with Botox. The more stationary lines and depressions are improved by "filling" them with any one of the fillers. Usually different fillers are better suited for one part of the face over other fillers. I often use Restylane in the tear trough and cheeks. I prefer Juvederm for the lower face and lips. Fillers will usually yield good results for 6 to 12 months depending on the type of filler used, the location of placement and the amount injected. I hope you find this helpful.

Which One is Better Botox or Fillers?

It depends, but let me explain this to you in more detail. In choosing between Botox and dermal fillers, a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon will ensure you receive the results you’re aiming for.
Dermal fillers are actually used to significantly reduce the appearance of firmly established wrinkles. Specifically, they are used to soften facial creases, plump your lips and enhance shallow contours. Dermal fillers lift features of the face, correct wrinkles and to restore smoothness and volume to the skin. The effects of most fillers are nearly instantaneous. Most of the dermal fillers last from several months to a year or two before touch up treatments are necessary to extend results.

Botox is actually useful in reducing the appearance of wrinkles that have only recently appeared and formed, also known as dynamic wrinkles.Botox reduces the activity of the muscles that cause wrinkles such as frown lines, worry lines and crow's feet. Botoxworks by temporarily blocking the signals from the nerves to the muscles, thereby reducing muscle movement and causing wrinkles to relax and soften.

Both treatments are effective separately, however used in conjunction can help achieve optimal results.

Dr. Carlos Chacon