Does Ultrashape work on skinny people?

I am a skinny person with a 18.8 BMI but i do have excess fat around my stomach and thigh. Is Ultrashape going to work for me? what should I be noticed about when I have the procedure? (like taping and amount of pulse)

UltraShape Removes Fat Pockets in “Skinny” People

Even very lean and athletic people can sometimes have small, resistant pockets of fat, such as those that trouble you on your abdomen and thighs. As long as there is about 2cm of fat in an area that bothers you, UltraShape's ultrasound waves can be used to destroy up to 25% of fat cells in the area, which will then be gradually eliminated from the body over the next few months. Because it is gradual, the fat elimination process with UltraShape tends to look like natural weight loss. As for how the procedure itself is performed and what the settings are, as long as you are confident in your dermatologist's experience with UltraShape, you should not have to worry about that at all. Please see a board-certified dermatologist to find out if you are a good candidate for UltraShape.

Ultrashape in lean patients

We use Ultrashape with high success in patients that have at least 2 cm of fat. UltraShape can be safely used on lean, fit patients with low BMI like you that have isolated areas of fat that is resistant to diet and exercise.

Dr karamanoukian

Ultrashape for Skinny People

In order to treat lean fat with non-invasive body contouring devices like the Ultrashape, subcutaneous fat needs to be accessible. 

#ultrashapeforskinny #fatreduction #fatloss

UltraShape Treats FAT !

Naturally, subcutaneous fat needs to be accessible to treat with non-invasive body contouring devices like the UltraShape. Although some people might be perceived as "skinny", it is still possible to isolate excessive subcutaneous fat in selective areas!

#fatreductiontreatments  #fatvsskinny  #bodyscultping

UltraShape on skinny people

Yes, UltraShape works best on skinny people. It's great on those "problem areas" that you can't get rid of with diet or exercise. It's a nonsurgical fat-melting treatment with no downtime and no pain. It works by sending ultrasound energy (not thermal energy or heat, which is the technique used by many lasers) to targeted fat within the subcutaneous layer, which lies deep in the skin. There, this ultrasound energy vibrates or shakes the fat cells until they fall apart and are liquefied, thereby selectively destroying these fat cells. The disintegrated fat cells then pass through the liver. So your body processes it just like you ate a fatty meal, and it’s excreted naturally as waste.

Dennis Gross, MD

A great option for superficial fat

There are two kinds of fat: visceral fat that is under the muscle and around your organs, and superficial fat that is over the muscle. Visceral fat only responds to diet and exercise. Superficial fat does not respond to diet and exercise very well so Ultrashape is a great option for superficial fat. Your BMI is low which implies that your fat is superficial rather than visceral.

How to know if your fat is superficial? You should tighten the muscles over the area that you are considering getting treated and pinch the fat. If you are able to pinch at least one inch of subcutaneous fat, you are a good candidate. If the fat is visceral fat around your organs you will not be able to pinch it. My recommendation is to schedule a consultation with an UltraShape provider in your area. All questions will be addressed at your consultation. The doctor should measure you and take before photographs.

Leslie Baumann, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

UltraShape is Great for Fat that Resistant to Diet and Exercise

UltraShape can be safely used on lean, fit  patients that have isolated regions of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise.  The are area to be treated should have at least 2cm of fat thickness.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Ultrashape for skinny people

Ultrashape works best if you have a good "handful" of fat in the treatment area.It is a great procedure for non-invasive fat removal. Without photos or and in-person consultation it is hard to say if you are a candidate for this treatment. I recommend that you visit a board-certified expert who can further evaluate you and recommend a treatment. 

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

UltraShape

Thank you for your question. UltraShape is a great procedure for non-invasive fat removal for diet and exercise resistant fat bulges. Without photos or and in-person consultation it is hard to say if you are a candidate for this treatment however I have seen great results on patients with BMI in your range. I recommend consulting with a qualified physician in your area for a full consultation.

Bruce E. Katz, MD