Is it safe to have Fraxel laser performed between the eyebrows for acne scars?

Fraxel is a great choice

Yes it is. The Fraxel laser is a great choice for both safety and efficacy when it comes to treating acne scarring.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Absolutely Safe

Yes. There are also many other technologies available for the treatment of acne scars.  Many different lasers can be used. 

Roy G. Geronemus, MD

Fraxel and scars

Fraxel is an entirely safe laser for acne and acne scars.  Depending on skin type I perform the Fraxel or eMatrix daily for patients with all types of scars, stretch marks, and wrinkles.  Fraxel is a fabulous laser and it generally takes several treatments a month apart for the full results.  My patients have been thrilled with the results.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel laser for the best cosmetic results.

Yes, Fraxel Lasers can be used safely between the eyes. The real question is what is the best treatment for your scars.

Acne scars come in many different forms which include contoured or rolling acne scars, pitted acne scars, box-type acne scars, hypertrophic and keloid acne scars, hypopigmented and hyperpigmented scars.  The right treatment for your scars depends what type of scar is being treated. Please schedule with an expert who has lots of experience, is skilled in all of the options and has many before and after photos of scars that look like your scars the he/she has treated.  

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

EMatrix vs. Fraxel Laser for acne scars

Our office specializes in acne scar treatments. Around the eyebrows, Fraxel can be performed. We also use the sublative eMatrix treatment for acne scars. We have found the eMatrix to be an excellent alternative to Fraxel. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Fraxel laser is perfectly safe for use in between brows for scars

Yes, this area is routinely included in all my Fraxel cases.  This is safe as long as proper eye protection is in place for you.  Multiple treatments are needed for acne scars and improvement is about 50-60%.  I prefer the Infini for acne scars now.

Steven F. Weiner, MD