Implants when completely flat chested?

Hi! I'm completely flat chested to the point where I barely qualify as an AA cup. I'm thinking about getting somewhere between 600cc and 800cc silicone implants because I have nothing as it is, and have a fairly large frame. My two main concerns would be A) Would adding that much when you've got next to no natural breast tissue create a really fake look? B) Would it cause stretch marks? If it helps, I'm 5'9" and 155 lbs.

Stretch marks are a possibility with breast augmentation.

The best way to ensure you get the results you’re looking for is to have an open, honest conversation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to make sure you’re both on the same page about your goals. I agree with a previous comment that one of the best ways to make sure your plastic surgeon has a clear understanding of what you want is to use photos that reflect the size and shape of breasts you’d like to have. Since you have very little existing breast tissue, there can be challenges regarding stretching of the skin if you opt for a very large implant size. Stretch marks can be a possibility. The size of implant that your skin can accommodate is something to discuss with your plastic surgeon.

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

600-800 cc implants

it is unlikely that your very small chested frame will be able to handle such large implants at this point. You would have to be seen in person. Best of luck.

Large Implant Choice

Thanks for your question.  Without a picture and in-person examination it is hard to determine if 600-800 cc is the correct size.  However, I will state that this is a truly large implant choice and will be a pretty extreme change for you.  Make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who can discuss each of these important components of implant choice.  If possible, find a surgeon with 3D imaging software so you can see the implant choices on your virtual body.

Steven Camp MD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Implant Volume

Implant volume is an important part of any augmentation consultation. While this is ultimately a patient choice, this decision is best made when taking advantage of the experience of your surgeon. 

There are a number of factors which play a role in shaping this choice:
-Patient desire
-Chest/Breast base width
-Breast composition (breast tissue vs. fat)
-Skin elasticity (pinch test)

Each of these plays a role in finding the appropriate implant for the patient in question.

While it is difficult to make any recommendations without an in-person consultation, 600-800cc implants are quite large, often leading to a less natural result. Sizers, goal photos and 3D imaging can all be helpful.

As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

This is a good question.  Without seeing you in person and performing an evaluation it is difficult to give you specific answers.  In general, 600-800cc implants are very large.  Considerations for you would be if there is enough skin laxity to accommodate such a large implant and if there is enough soft tissue to maintain a natural look.  You do not want the implants to look like a shrink-wraped covered masses on your chest - this would occur if there is a mismatch between the skin laxity and size of implant and lack of adequate soft tissue coverage.  A nice service we offer in our office is VECTRA 3D imaging where you can see different size implants placed within a 3D image of your body.  I would suggest setting up a consult to review your options.

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD

Implants when completely flat chested?

The size implants you are considering would be considered large by any standard. An implant that large would definitely look fake and more likely than not cause stretch marks.     You should be seen by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in person exam.  At that exam the surgeon should discuss how he or she determines an appropriate implant size, based on your height, bone structure, weight and  the amount of breast tissue and/or fat.  

Arthur Shektman, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Selecting an appropriate implant size is a very important determination that depends on your desired goals and the base width of your breasts.  Based on what you describe, you may be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation.  Please be sure to see an experienced plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation in order to best address your concerns, to discuss your desired goals, and to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes!

Flat chested

Your implant volume selection is considered large under any circumstances. The 600-800 cc implant will usually appear fake and unnatural.  

Breast Implant Size

Great question Ruby!  Your implant selection is generally based on a number of factors, one of them being your base diameter, skin pinch test, and soft tissue characteristics.

This should be evaluated in the office by a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Dr. Desai
Harvard, Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size

The fake look is created by the lack of a smooth transition between the body and the breast implant. This could be due to a large implant with a high profile in a patient with little breast tissue or fat, or could be created in a patient with a very tight, non-compliant skin envelope. So the volume that you are thinking about may give you a fake look if your skin is tight and if the profile is more projecting. These things can only be determined in person.
Stretch marks are always a possibility but I personally have not seen this as a common problem even in the tightest skin. In fact in my experience it is rare.  It still can happen and there is no guarantee that it will not.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon