Is fluffing a myth? (photos)

I had a bbl done 34 days ago. I loved the initial results but knew they wouldn't stay. Over the last two days I lost a lot of volume. I read about the butt shrinking around the 5-6th week post op and that it will fluff again by three months. Is this a standard expectation? Also, my stomach has been getting bigger. Is the fat walking back to my stomach? Please help me understand what my body is doing. My doc, while I loved him is not very patient or informative or comforting.

BBL results

Usually by about 6 weeks the fat that will take has taken. But you will still have swelling and usually by about the 4-6 month you will pretty much see the final result.

BBL at 5 weeks

Dear Ana,

Your results immediately and shortly after look great.  The question then becomes did you lose all of the fat already?  Not likely.  The different view photos that you have posted make it difficult to determine what if anything is goin on.  Your preop view is only lateral.  Your 33 day view is only lateral and in clothing.  The big unkown here is how much fat was removed from your body, and how much was injected into your buttocks.  Each surgeon has his/her own way of processing fat.  From your preop view photo it doesn't appear that you even have enough fat to create the immediate post op result.  So, was something like saline added to it?  Or do you just have more fat than your pre photo suggests?  At any rate, it takes a full 6 months, at least, for fat that is going to be resorbed to get resorbed.  I don't know where you read about the "fluffing" effect at 3 months, but that's a myth.  I suppose it is possible that if you receive enough fat derived stem cells during your fat transfer that it could happen, but that's not likely.  Demand some honest answers from your Plastic Surgeon.  Good luck!

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question about Brazilian Butt Lift. You will need to follow up with your surgeon.

In general, final results can be visualized at about 6 months after surgery.

To be sure, return to see your surgeon or see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS