I'm 5'6", I weigh 170 pounds. I wanted 1400 ccs in each cheek. Is it an achievable goal? Do I have enough body fat for a BBL?

I'm 5'6", I weigh 170 pounds. I wanted 1400 ccs in each cheek. Is it an achievable goal?

It looks possible, but best determined during a consult. I routinely transfer between 1200 to 1800 cc to each side. It depends on multiple factors and your size.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

If you want to have 1400cc on each buttock, you need to do it 2 stages. When you get the fat grafting in the buttocks, there is a point where the skin will not stretch more, and the tissues are under too much tension, decresing the blood supply to the grafted fat, and then the fat has less chances of survival. So you can get one surgery with about 800cc for each buttock, wait for 6 to 12 months, and get another surgery for a similar amount of fat injected in the buttocks.

Brazilian Butt Lift 1400 cc

Thank you for your question about Brazilian Butt Lift.

The limitation on how much fat can be transferred depends on the amount of donor site fat that you have and on the amount of extra room that you have in your butt to put the fat.  It can't be too tight or it might constrict and kill the fat.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift

Putting 1400 cc of fat in each buttock will result in most if not all the fat will die and not take as a graft.

Although pictures or an exam would help make a determination, 1400 cc per buttock can be achieved in patients of your height and weight.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Buttocks Augmentation (fat versus implant)

For the sake of doing the math, you can count on keeping 1/3rd of the fat removed by liposuction to be injectable. Thus, if you want 1400cc in each cheek, that means you need 2800cc of fat for both cheeks. In order to get 2800cc you would need 3 x that in liposuction which means that you would need 7800cc of fat to be removed. This is unrealistic :(  You may want to consider an implant which will not be limited by the amount of fat that you have on your body.

Arian Mowlavi, MD