How much is breast augmentation going to cost me in Boston, MA? (Photo)

I'm very small, 4'11 tall and about 85 pounds, and very self conscious due to my small size. I'm about a AA cup in bra size an A cup is too big for me and it affects my self esteem tremendously because I don't feel feminine and I don't feel attractive and I don't even like being outside in the summer time with so many curvaceous women. So this is my final decision and I'm excited but the only thing I have left to figure out is the cost so that I know how much I need to save. :)

Cost of breast augmentation in Boston

Cost do vary according to surgeon, where it's done and the type of implant chosen.  My charge for silicone implants is $6,900 and for saline $6,300.  This includes everything except the costs of post operative prescriptions.  Research your doctor well to help assure yourself a good experience and result.

How much is breast augmentation going to cost me in Boston, MA?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place should have a nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.

When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
 I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Breast augmentation costs.

Hello. You will find the costs of breast augmentation vary from surgeon to surgeon everywhere including the Bay Area. The total cost is what you should be looking at which will include the physicians fee, cost of the implants, cost of the surgery center, and cost of the anesthesia. Some plastic surgeons may bundle this in to one fee where others may break it down. Other costs may include lab work, garments, and medications for after surgery. All that being said you will probably find total costs ranging from $4000 on the low end to over $10,000. Be wary of discount prices. If your pay a discounted fee and get an unsatisfactory result you can often spend more than twice that to get things fixed.

Best advice - look around for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in breast augmentation. Go in for consultations. Look at before and after photos and ask to talk to previous patients. Select a plastic surgeon you are comfortable with who will take great care of you and has the talent to deliver the results you are looking for. Don't make price the deciding factor but take it into overall consideration.

Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast aug costs

In general, the cost of a breast aug is between $6500 and $8000.   The determinants affecting price include implant type, implant position, and implant size. I wish you the very best of luck 

Cost of breast augmentation?

Costs of the breast augmentation procedure will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the surgery standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, implant cost (saline vs. silicone), other fees (e.g., acellular dermal matrix cost), pain pump, surgical garment, any other breast procedure,  etc. Typically augmentation with saline implants will be ~$1000 less than with silicone implants and ~$1000 less than with gummy bear implants. Consultation with a plastic surgeon on the procedure along with quotes is advised, but a range of $4000-9000 is reasonable depending on the factors above. Hope these answers help!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Cost vs surgeon

The fee for a breast augmentation will vary from surgeon to surgeon and in different regions of the country.  I would focus on getting a good surgeon rather than the cost, because if the works is not done well, it will cost you more in the long run to fix it.  Good luck.

BAM cost

Depends on location,experience and skill of your surgeon.$5000-8000 probably good estimate.Remember cost is important but your results and safety are more important.I would avoid Groupon,special bargain discounts and research your doctor well

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Cost in Boston

thank you for your question. Based on your photos it appears you are a good candidate for breast augmentation. The price of surgery will vary based on surgeon experience, geographic location, type of implant, and where the surgery is performed. I would recommend you choose your surgeon based on the above and NOT on price alone. This site can give you an idea of the price range in Boston. Best of luck

Average cost of breast augmentation in Boston

Make your decision based on credentials, experience, and quality of the surgeon's work and not just on price. See Dr. Seckel's answer below since he is in the Boston area . Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Breast implants in Boston

Average in Boston area for experienced board certified plastic surgeons is $7500 to 8000. Less experienced surgeons will charge less.