Is there a way to fix my crooked/misaligned smile? (Photos)

I have a crooked smile. I'm not sure what it is, I think it has to do something with my facial muscles or jaw because I had braces and I have perfectly straight teeth. I hate it and I feel so swlf conscious. Is there any treatment that could correct this?

Doctor Answers 2

Crooked smile, options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Definitely crooked teeth can be fixed either with further orthodontic treatment or possibly by porcelain veneer.  The best route is to consult a top cosmetic dentist experienced in Anti Aging Dentisty that can look at both teeth and facial impact of your teeth and make recommendations in terms of size, length and width of the arch.


Dr. Maddahi

Correction of crooked smile.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You had orthodontic treatment to straighten your teeth but needed orthopedic treatment to grow your maxilla.  This is easy in children and should usually be done before age seven but by 12 at the latest.

In adults the DNA appliance is usually the best approach.  The underdeveloped maxilla also create unequal forces.  This can be addressed during treatment by craino manipulation by an osteopath or chiropractor who has special training.  Ideally find a doctor who utilizes neuromuscular dentistry and the DNA Appliance therapy.

Ira L Shapira DDS, D,ABDSM, D,AAPM, FICCMO Chair, Alliance of TMD Organizations Diplomat, American Academy of Pain Management Diplomat, American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine Regent & Fellow, International College of CranioMandibular Orthopedics Board Eligible, American Academy of CranioFacial Pain Dental Section Editor, Sleep & Health Journal

Member, American Equilibration Society Member, Academy of Applied Myofunctional Sciences

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.