Bodytite Didn't Work?

Hello I'm 29 had 3 children am 9st 2 and am 5"7 tall, I had bodytite in October as I have a layer of fat over my abs it dosnt seem to look any different, this has bothered me even before I had children and no matter how much exercise or healthy eating I do it never seems to go, do I need go back to clinic and have the bodytite reviewed?

Bodytite Didn't Work?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Thank you for your question.In my experience,non-surgical treatments for lipodystrophy rarely meet ones expectations.No matter how appealing non-invasive procedures are,they cannot compare to the reliable predictable results that one can obtain with liposuction in an appropriate candidate.Liposuction is extremely safe the way it is performed today and I am confident you will be satisfied if it is performed by an experienced surgeon.

Lorne M. Tarshis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

BodyTite has Limited Value

It's natural for patients to desire the least invasive procedures possible, yet expect the most dramatic changes!!!  And there is never a shortage of products or physicians that are ready to "sell" it to you.  Unfortunately, BodyTite and a plethora of other new "technologies" probably have limited value and will not stand the test of time.  You may benefit from liposuction but without photographs its impossible to say.  Good luck...

Eric Sadeh, MD

Bodytite Didn't Work?

If you have stubborn fat that remains after conservative treatment, liposuction will provide the result you probably seek.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of liposuction procedures each year.  Look at the surgeon's website before and after photos to determine who will get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA