How long can I wait before having sex after having a Breast Lift, Liposuction, and Brazilian Butt Lift done?

I am sexually active.how long can i wait after surgery to have sex??will it be a problem if i start within a week??!! Please inform me !

Sex after BBL, breast lift and liposuction

Thank you for your breast lift, liposuction and BBL recovery question.
  • A week is much too soon for sex - you are not taking your recovery seriously.
  • You cannot have sex until your surgeon says your healing is strong enough for sex to be ok.
  • You must allow 4-6 weeks, although it can be earlier depending on your healing.

Avoid sex for at least 4 weeks....

Any type of strenuous activity including sexual intercourse should be avoided for at least 4 to 6 weeks following mommy makeover combined with brazilian butt lift surgery.  Strenuous activity can elevate blood pressure and pulse rates and lead to hemodynamic changes.  These changes can result in postoperative complications, such as bleeding and seroma formation.                 In addition, physical exertion can cause stretching and pulling of the soft tissue, which can traumatize fresh surgical wounds that are still healing.  Under these circumstances, the incidence of wound healing complications would be expected to increase.

#SexAfterBreastLift

Your plastic surgeon will give you the best answer in your specific case. For most of my patients I allow sex to begin at 6 weeks with the woman on top to minimize the risk of trauma. Here are some fo the guidelines I give my patients: Following surgery, you will be walking in a bent-over position to keep tension off the newly tightened skin incision site. Although strenuous activity, and lifting more than ten pounds, must be avoided for 6 weeks, some people can return to work and daily activities as soon as 2 weeks after surgery. Softening of the surgical scars, return of sensation, and loosening of the tight sensation may take several months to a year or more.
Abdominoplasty involves a recovery period of 10 to 14 days longer than most plastic surgical procedures. Initial discomfort and decreased mobility is typical. To decrease this discomfort, we offer a long acting local anesthetic. This numbing injection solution (Exparel) which lasts for 3-4 days allows for an easier recovery and is preferable to older pain pump technology.
3-5 days or more of assistance at home is usually indicated. We can arrange for a nurse to stay with you if helpful.
You will be encouraged to move and walk regularly starting the day of surgery. Wearing your TED stockings at all times, except while washing, to prevent venous clots (deep vein thrombosis) is mandatory.
Light activity is comfortable in 10-20 days. No sports or heavy lifting for 6 weeks or more – please discuss with your doctor for specific questions.

Sexual activity after breast lift/bbl

Thank you for your question. I generally recommend waiting until all the swelling is down before engaging in sexual activity if it was just a breast lift. So typically two weeks would be fine. However, I would wait closer to four weeks with a bbl as you may have more swelling in this region.

Attempting to have sex just one week after a breast lift, liposuction and Brazilian butt lift, may increase your blood pressure and could cause bruising or bleeding.  It may also be quite painful.  I would suggest waiting a minimum of three weeks, but check with your surgeon and get their recommendation.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Resuming sexual activity should be okay with your own surgeon.

There are many different ways individuals engage in sexual activity. This very personal question should be posed to your own surgeon.

How long can I wait before having sex after having a Breast Lift, Liposuction, and Brazilian Butt Lift done? msn

Always best to ask your chosen surgeon since he/she knows the surgery being done exactly and your healing. Average time 3 weeks... OUCH! 

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to specific information/advice. He/she knows exactly what was done and how you are progressing. Concerns would include an increase in heart rate and the potential for bleeding.  Muscle spasm may be painful. Obviously, significant pressure on the surgical site is not a good idea either. It is not uncommon for patients to report increased swelling that occurs after vigorous exercise (including sexual activity),  even several months after surgery.

Intimacy after mummy makeover

Your PS is most qualified to advise you.
Based on the operative procedures listed, I would recommend at least 4 weeks.

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Intimacy after surgery

Please discuss this with your surgeon.

Generally, gentle intimacy after surgery is reasonable after about 3 weeks. It is best to use good judgment and be careful with ones body after surgery.

Timothy Connall, MD