What a good filler may I use for scar in forehead? (photos)

I got full forehead scars I tried juavederm ultra but didn't get good reasult but better than before .may I use sculptra?? It really bother me .

Lasers May Be a Better Option

Hi there. I'm sorry to read that your forehead scars make you feel self-conscious. Although some scars to respond well to injectable fillers, based on your photo, I think you may see better results from a laser treatment. Many lasers work by encouraging your skin to develop more collagen, a substance that keeps skin thick and resilient. In essence, these treatments can help stimulate your skin to fill in depressed scars on its own. We've had great success with the Deep and SCAAR FX treatments, which are specifically designed for scar tissue such as yours. Of course, an in-person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist will likely give you a better sense of the treatment that's right for you. Good luck.

Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for scar removal

Proposed answer: There are a few different fillers that can be used to treat unsightly scars. Restylane and Juvederm are commonly used to treat deep acne scars, seeing as you were not satisfied with the results I would recommend you see a board-certified doctor that can evaluate you and talk to you about the different options that you may have. Often times, combination laser treatment in addition to a filler or instead may provide better results.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

EMatrix is RF technology for acne scars

eMatrix is RF (radiofrequency) technology and not laser.

The types of rolling, ice pick and boxed scars are ideal for this sublative technology where RF energy is delivered below the superficial most layers of the skin to reduce the scarring. 

I agree that you need more than 5 treatments. 

I recommend eMatrix highly. 

We use eMatrix in our practice. 

Scars and Fillers

I inject a lot of different scars with fillers but your photos were extremely helpful.  The best results will be achieved through the eMatrix Laser for these type of scars.  It will take at least five treatments to have these scars minimized.  The eMatrix is a great laser and please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with this laser.

Sculptra for scars on the face

Sculptra is not a good filler for atrophic scars. You may instead opt for Ematrix treatments and/or fractional laser to help with your scars.

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Forehead scars

i think you are better off with laser treatments or other energy devices for your forehead scars. There are many new devices for scars that are worth evaluating including fractional lasers (we like the Sciton profractional) and new needling devices such as the Lutronic Infini. Best to go to an office that has multiple devices

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for Forehead Scars

Dear Florida 1975:

Thank you for sharing your photo. 

Every scar is different. Each person and each body or face site that the skin is cut or punctured will heal with a different quality of scar.

Some are flat and thin but many are thick and ropey, red or pigmented brown.
Some pull causing a contracture or are lumpy. There are many different treatments depending on the quality of your scar(s) which I will address below.

When it bothers you as it does, you may consider the following options:

1. Waiting for the scar to “mature” i.e. become soft and flat
2. Massaging the scar, using scar creams and silicone sheeting to soften it
3. IPL and vascular laser and light therapies to reduce the redness and ‘ropeyness’
4. Steroid injection to reduce the growth and lumpiness
5. Retinoids, hydroquinone skin therapy to reduce the thickness and pigmentation
6. Surgical removal and revision of the scar.
7. Fillers to fill the loss of tissue under the scar and make it smoother.
8. Microdermabrasion or Dermabrasion to reduce the raised surfaces making the scar smoother.
9. Micro-needling to restart the inflammatory phase of healing in the hopes of remodeling the scar and re-epithelializing the surface. 
10. Sculptra injection to remodel the scar and fill the depression. This, like any technique is very skill dependent. 

A scar is permanent and many times becomes imperceptible. Time, of course will help scars improve.

You can appreciate the many ways to help your scar. 

I recommend you consult with various well experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, ENT or Dermatologist to evaluate and provide you with their recommendations. 

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Forehead Scars, Treatment Options

Soft fillers like juvederm, belotero or the like are good for scars on the forehead but long term, something like artefill would give a more lasting result.  I still believe lasers are the first line treatment with microneedling and you seek advice from a laser and filler expert who treats acne scars frequenly.  My practice specliazes in this and you should seek someone similar for the best results.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Facial Scars

Scars on the face can be treated many different ways. Most dermatologists and plastic surgeons treat with a combination of fractionated laser resurfacing and dermal fillers. Generally, most patients require a series of laser treatments. The number necessary is up to the consulting provider, as well as the type of laser that is used. Also, there are other fillers on the market other than Juvederm Ultra that can be used, it just depends on what your doctor thinks is best for your type of scar. I recommend consulting with a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon who has expertise in scar treatment. Best of luck to you!

David Goldberg, MD

Forehead scars

Fractional laser resurfacing, non- ablative which means non- cutting is a gentle, and effective way of improving a myriad of scars, as seems to be the case on your forehead. There are multiple brands of this device such as Palomar/Cynosure. Treatment is performed as a series. Your deeper saucer shaped scars may then benefit from a medium G ' dermal filler. Your doctor seeing you at the time would be the best judge of which filler and at what level to place it in your skin for best improvement. I wish you well.

Julia B. Sabetta, MD
Greenwich Dermatologist