I Have a Bleach Burn on my Face, How Do I Treat it?

I used a bleaching cream a few days ago and ended up with a severe chemical burn around my chin and lips , it looks horrible and I dont know what to do to make it feel better , I am really sad about it because its terrible , please help me I am in desperate need of help :(

Doctor Answers 1

Treating Bleach Burn

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. I recommend to stop using the bleaching cream until your burn resolves. Avoid the use of hot water as this can worsen the condition. Use over the counter petroleum jelly and apply a thick layer over the affected area to help it heal. If this does not improve it you may also use over the counter hydrocortisone twice a day for a week to calm down the redness and inflammation.   Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist for the most effective and safe treatment options for you. I hope this helps.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.