Is Sculptra safe to use in the butt and hips to make it bigger?

Is their a safe way of injecting something to make butt bigger

Sculptra for the buttock and hips

Dear AZB,

• Sculptra in the buttocks is safe and effective to not only fill the butt, but lift is as well
  • Results typically take 2-4 weeks to see
  • It usually take 2-4 sessions depending on how big you want to go
  • It works best for anyone who does not want to have surgery to make their butts bigger

Dr. Nima

Can Sculptra be used for my Butt Augmentation?

This is a great question as butt augmentation has become one of the most popular procedures in America.  Patients have several options, the most common being a Brazilian Butt Lift (fat transfer to the buttock).  Some of my thin patients will have an augmentation with butt implants or a combination of butt implants and fat transfer.  The procedures have given patients incredible results that have not only enhanced their butt, it transforms them from square to an hourglass figure. 

However, there are patients that are not ready to undergo a surgical procedure or are looking for in-office procedures that have minimal downtime for their butt enhancement.  Sculptra is a great option for patients that want a butt or hip augmentation with minimal to no downtime.

The Sculptra can be used for an initial butt or hip augmentation or to enhance the appearance of a butt augmentation that a patient has had previously.  The Sculptra works by stimulating the body to create its own collagen.  The Sculptra can be injected evenly though out the butt or hip area to give a natural and soft augmentation to the area. 

Sculptra is not a replacement for a Brazilian Butt Lift or butt implant enhancement, however it is a great alternative for patients wanting to improve their current butt augmentation or wanting to enhance their buttock without surgery and minimal downtime.  I explain to patient that this is similar to facial rejuvenation.  Fillers are not a replacement for a facelift, however they do help a tremendous number of patients and often put off the need for surgery for years.  It also allows your plastic surgeon to do some fine tuning of your butt after your BBL or implant surgery. 

The amount of Sculptra that is needed for the butt enhancement is dependent on the areas being treated, however it is more vials than is typically used in facial rejuvenation.  Several vials of Sculptra are injected into the buttock or hip area in the initial treatment. It takes six weeks to two months to see the full results of the Sculptra treatment.  Most patients will need two or three treatments to achieve their desired results. 

The good news is that Sculptra lasts longer then a lot of the fillers on the market.  The typical patient will get around a year and half from each treatment.  Also, Sculptra is different in that it stimulates the body to create its own collagen and thus give patients a very natural and smooth appearance to their butt. 

Please consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in butt augmentation to discuss if you are a good candidate for Sculptra injections to enhance your buttock.  He will be able to discuss the advantages between Sculptra, Brazilian Butt Lift and Butt Implant surgery.  

Johnny Franco, MD, FACS

SCULPTRA BUTT

We hae many years of expeience with injecting Sculptra to the face and chest.

Injection of Sculptra having been performed for a short period of time has not presented with any serious complications to my knowledge. Nodules, lumps, irregularities and infection are alwasys possible.  More time and results are needed to evaluate long term safety.

This procedure is a good alternative for patients with small amounts of body fat looking for buttock enhancement as apposed to enlargement.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Sculptra® is a safe and effective solution for adding volume to the buttocks.

Thanks for sharing your question with us. Sculptra® is a safe injectable procedure that doesn’t require surgery or extensive downtime. It works by stimulating your skin’s natural production of collagen, which is an important protein that gives the skin its firm, youthful structure. The number of injections that you will require to achieve the results you want can vary, but most people can expect anywhere from 2 to 4 treatment sessions spaced 3 weeks apart. As long as you work with a skilled cosmetic surgeon who is experienced in performing Sculptra® butt lifts, this can be a very safe and effective procedure. Best of luck to you!

Sculptra for Butts And Hips

Thank you for your question. Yes, Sculptra can be used to make the butt and hips bigger if done by an expert. It is best used for patients that have no fat to transfer to the area, and do not want any down time. It can take up to 20 vials of Sculptra to make a difference. It is recommend to use 4 vials per session and have the patient return every 6-8 weeks. I recommend seeing only an expert for this treatment. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Sculptra in the buttocks

Thanks for your question. Sculptra was first used in the face to stimulate collagen in areas where there has been laxity. It is used in the arms, knees and buttocks as well. It is safe and you do non-surgical. I believe you will need about 20 vials on average over several sessions (2-4). It can augment the shape of the buttocks and can be a fairly dramatic. This product can give a nice natural looking result and shape to the buttocks. Make sure you go to someone with a lot of experience with buttock procedures. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Sculptra for butts and hips

The procedure is safe and effective. It is best used for those patients that have no fat to transfer to the area, can't afford any downtime, and want a subtle improvement. It can take up to 20 vials of Sculptra in this area to make a difference. I typically use 4 vials per session and have the patient come back in about 6-8 weeks. No major complications have been noted that I have seen. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Sculptra For Hip and Buttock Contouring

Yes sculptra is safe if done by an expert.  This area needs numerous vials over time to build, and in some instances it's only subtle.  Fat transfer or implants may be better.  There are no "FDA approved" fillers so this is an off label treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Is Sculptra safe to use in the butt and hips to make them bigger?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  In order to avoid the type of surgery entailed with either a Brazilian butt lift or buttock implants, some patients are electing to have Sculptra injected into their butt and hips for volumizing purposes.  Please be aware that this will take several treatments and a fair amount of Sculptra to achieve meaningful results.  Best wishes. 

Sculptra Butt Lift

Many aesthetic doctors have been using Sculptra, both in the US and abroad, to perform buttocks augmentation and treat cellulite.  The dilutions with the product are much higher than we use for facial injections.  I would seek consultation with a board certified doctor who performs this procedure.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon