Skin Graft of the ear from MOHS Surgery

I am having MOHS Surgery on the inside flap of the ear. The surgeon is sending me to a plastic surgeon directly after she finished for the skin graft. Approximately how long does a skin graft take from behind the ear

Skin graft on the ear

Frequently we need to use a skin graft on the ear, as side to side closure or even flap will have too much tension. 

I recommend you to discuss specific issues regarding your questions with your dermatologist. 

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Mohs repair on the ear

For defects that are inside the ear after Mohs', two options are commonly used. First, no closure/repair can be chosen, especially for defects that are in the conchal bowl--the cavity in front of the ear canal. This site heals well on its own,.but can get tender. Secondly, a skin graft can be used. The graft must be kept dry for one week and usually heals within 2-3 weeks, but there are restrictions during that time.

Good luck!

drbader

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon