Why has my skin become more darker after 5 Picosure treatments?

I am an Asian woman who is 49 years old. After I went to a medical spa to do the Picosure treatment for my brown spots, I wondered why my skin was getting darker. What should I do?

Picosure Focus and skin darkening

This is one of the most complex lasers to use, as the end point is acoustic. Namely one has to listen to the laser in order to gauge the end point. As a Specialist dermatologist who is Asian, I NEVER delicate this laser to my nurses. Great results can be seen with this laser, however it has to be performed correctly. If you have PIH due to this laser, there are simple solutions - 1. SPF 2. HQ 3. Lower settings of pico. or defocus the 6mm 0.71 setting. Skin darkening will fade with time. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane Australia. 

Picosure Focus and skin darkening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Picosure recovery

It happens that after Picosure skin appears darker for few days and up to few weeks. It may go away. If it has been longer than that, then it appears that you are experiencing hyperpigmentation. I would make a follow up appointment with board certified physician as soon as possible. Best of luck

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Picosure recovery

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Asian Skin and Laser Treatments

Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in lasers.  Asian skin is very delicate and the Pico is probably not the correct laser for you.  Best, Dr. Green

Asian Skin and Laser Treatments