12 days post BA, 38A to 600cc any progress? Will they drop and fluff? (photos)

I am 12 days post op. 38A to 600cc ... 5'8 180lbs Do you think my breast are in better shape than before ? Would they drop and fluff to get more of a rounder shape ? And the bottom of my breast is still kind of loose why?

Dropping and fluffing

occur with smooth round implants and less so with textured anatomic implants so it really depends on what kind of implants you have.  Yes, you are way to high on top and you should be asking your surgeon on what you can do to help achieve a better outcome.  And your surgeon should be happy to help you through this as your outcome is a direct reflection of your surgeon's skills.

Dropping and fluffing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Postop shape of breasts

Dear karina1030,

you are still in early stage of recovery. You can expect your breasts to change their shape during the next months. You will be able to see the final result of the surgery only after 4-6 months. 

If you have any concerns, you should consult with your plastic surgeon. 

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery

Postop shape of breasts

Dear karina1030,

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS 

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery

Post-op breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  It is very normal to be swollen and have high riding implants in the immediate post-operative period.  I recommend that you maintain close follow-up with your surgeon.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Post-op breast augmentation

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Will my breast implants drop and fluff?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Your plastic surgeon will be best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance. There are many variables when it comes to how much breast implants will "settle";  the main variables, in my opinion are your anatomic starting point and exactly how/where the breast implant pocket was dissected. Again, for this reason, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result.  As the breast implants "settle", the lower breast poles will round out, and the nipple/areola complexes will seem to sit higher on each breast mound.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Will my breast implants drop and fluff?

12 Days Post Op

At 12 days post op your breast tissues, muscle and skin will be tight and inflamed. This keeps the implants sitting high and feeling firm for a while. The drop & fluff process will take between 2-6 months. Try to be patient and re-evaluate closer to 6 months post op.

All the best

12 Days Post Op

All the best

Implant Settling

It is normal to be high and tight for about 3 months after surgery. This is when we expect the implants to have fully settled into position. I recommend having your follow ups with your surgeon and he/she will be able to answer your questions/concerns properly with an in person follow up and take the proper measures to ensure your implants settled as desired. 

I wish you the best of luck! 

Implant Settling

I wish you the best of luck!