12 days post BA, 38A to 600cc any progress? Will they drop and fluff? (photos)

I am 12 days post op. 38A to 600cc ... 5'8 180lbs Do you think my breast are in better shape than before ? Would they drop and fluff to get more of a rounder shape ? And the bottom of my breast is still kind of loose why?

Post-op breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  It is very normal to be swollen and have high riding implants in the immediate post-operative period.  I recommend that you maintain close follow-up with your surgeon.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Will my breast implants drop and fluff?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Your plastic surgeon will be best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance. There are many variables when it comes to how much breast implants will "settle";  the main variables, in my opinion are your anatomic starting point and exactly how/where the breast implant pocket was dissected. Again, for this reason, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result.  As the breast implants "settle", the lower breast poles will round out, and the nipple/areola complexes will seem to sit higher on each breast mound.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

12 Days Post Op

At 12 days post op your breast tissues, muscle and skin will be tight and inflamed. This keeps the implants sitting high and feeling firm for a while. The drop & fluff process will take between 2-6 months. Try to be patient and re-evaluate closer to 6 months post op.

All the best

Jerome Edelstein, MD