Laser lipolysis on tattooed arms?

Hello, I'm considering using low-frequency laser lipo on the backside of my upper arms to shape them, but I have a sleeve tattoo wrapping around the whole of one arm. Does the laser affect tattooed skin adversely? If so, are their any other cosmetic procedures that don't?

Laser

Firstly the Laser does not have any adverse affects on tattoo'd skin. On the contrary the Laser helps with skin retraction so would be beneficial to help sculp the arms.

Sydney Physician

Laser Lipo

Thank you for your question.Laser liposuction will reduce the fat on your concerned area, sagging skin is a possibility. It is best to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist for best treatment plan. I hope this helps!

Laser

Thanks for the question, I have used laser for liposuction under tattoos without issues because the tattoo ink is embedded within the skin

i would recommend Smartlipo

you don't provide too many details about yourself such as your age, height and weight etc
i think the minimally invasive liposuction such as Smartlipo will give you a better 
result than the external lasers only.
it will not matter that you have a tattoo for Smartlipo.

definitely see a board certified PS.
good luck
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon