Juvederm Ultra Plus vs Juvederm Voluma?

For adding volume to face, what do you recommend? Juvederm Voluma, or Juvederm Ultra Plus? Which one is thicker and what is the difference?

Voluma for Volume, Structure and LIFT

Ivana,

In my opinion, Voluma is the better option for optimizing volume and contour of your cheeks.  It is a more cohesive gel that is designed to hold its place better in that part of your face, whereas Juvederm ultra plus is less cohesive and more of a plumping or polishing type of filler, better suited for lines and shadows in the lower part of your face.

Good luck!

Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Which is thicker, juvederm ultra plus or voluma?

Hi Jess, Voluma is thicker and lasts longer than Juvederm Ultra Plus. Voluma lasts roughly 18 months and is more expensive than Juvederm Ultra Plus. Please consult with your board certified dermatologist to find out how Juvederm can enhance your face. Good luck, Dr. Downie

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma and Lyft for Volume

Voluma is a great filler for adding volume to the upper face.  Another great choice for this application is Perlane which is now called Restylane Lyft.  I have also used Radiesse with much success for the upper face.  Voluma and Lyft are both hyaluronic acid fillers which can be dissolved if needed.  Radiesse can't be dissolved, which is a disadvantage of that product.  The key with any of these products is to see an experienced injector who knows where and how best to inject these products.

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Ultra Plus versus Juvederm Voluma

For cheek volume, Juvederm Voluma is a better option than Juvederm Ultra Plus. Voluma is thicker and is designed exactly for that purpose.  

Alternatives to Voluma are Restylane Lyft, which is similar to Voluma, Radiesse, and Sculptra. I would recommend investigating these options as well.  Of all of the options, Restylane Lyft and Radiesse are often more cost effective as Voluma tends to be a bit pricey. 

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma Vs Ultra Plus

Great Question.
I offer both of these types of fillers at my practice and I recommend Juverderm over all types of other fillers. Voluma is a thicker substance and it last much longer than Ultra. However, Voluma is advised to be injected in the upper part of the face (cheeks, undereye, temples).Ultra cost less than Voluma and is advised to use around the mouth, lips and other areas in the lower part of the face. Also, there is a medium between Voluma and Ultra, Which is known as Ultra Plus. I hope this answered your question!

Anthony Nikko, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Voluma or Ultra Plus?

Excellent question.  When adding volume to the face, the area of placement is key to the answer.  If you are looking to add volume to the cheek area, then voluma is the answer.  Ultra plus is a great filler but should be reserved for the lower face.  Voluma is thicker and lasts longer than Ultra Plus but costs more.  You should seek out an experienced injector for any of these products.  Best of luck!

For adding volume to face, what do you recommend? Juvederm Voluma, or Juvederm Ultra Plus?

Hi, we do quite a bit of facial shaping with dermal fillers.  For cheek augmentation with a dermal filler, I prefer using Perlane as it is thick enough to create shape but flows and molds quite easillly as I shape it immediately post injection.  Juvederm Ultra Plus is similar but of the two I still prefer Perlane.  Radiesse is too thick and lumpy for the cheeks and Voluma has some history of reported facial abscesses a year or two after injection (I have not have this occur but know of doctors that have) and as such, I do not use Voluma as a dermal filler.

For the nasolabial folds either Perlane, Juveredm Ultra-plus or Sculptra works best.  For shaping of the lips, we prefer using Juvederm, Restylane or Restylane Silk.  To shape the chin and jaw line, Radiesse works best again in MHO.

Hope this helps.  

Juvederm Products -- Voluma Versus UltraPlus

these are very different products as they have different cross-linking technologies making one (voluma) more like an implant so it stays in tissue longer and gives more support.  Both are hyaluronic acid fillers and be reversed if you are not happy.  I suggest you get a formal consultation with an expert to determine what would be best for you long term.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm Voluma vs Ultra Plus

Voluma is the latest product in the Juvederm line and is intended for deeper, longer lasting, volumizing of the face.  It is made of hyaluronic acid, as are many other injectable fillers.  Perlane is a similar product sold in the Restylane line of facial fillers.  Most often when we speak of volumizing fillers we are speaking of filling hollow cheeks and temples.  Voluma is the thickest of the fillers in the Juvederm line and is intended for sub-dermal injection (below the skin).  Ultra Plus is thinner and intended for more superficial applications, generally used as a dermal filler (within the skin for creases).  Finally the Ultra product is the thinnest for more superficial use yet.  Ultra Plus can also be injected sub-dermal and would provide similar results to Voluma, however, Voluma is expected to last longer and hold its shape a bit better in those applications.  Prior to the introduction of Voluma, most injectors would use Ultra Plus for both sub-dermal and dermal injections and many injectors still do.  Allergan (the manufacturer) advertises that reasonable results should last 2 years.  Aside from clinical trials, Voluma has only been available in the US for just over 2 years and as such the broader population of patients and doctors are just now able to start vouching for its longevity.  

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm voluma versus Ultra Plus

The Voluma contains more lifting power and is especially effective in the midface and cheek region where a thicker agent is useful and causes a more noticeable change. Ultra Plus is more appropriate for nasolabial folds and perioral region. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon