Green Tea Fat Burner 8 days after Breast Augmentation, is this safe to take?

I had a breast augmentation with lift on one side October 24th. I've been cleared to resume vitamins, birth control, and these pills but originally I thought they only contained green tea and caffeine. Are the other ingredients in the "essential vitality boost" section also safe to consume almost 9 days post op?

Blood thinners

Thank you for your question. I typically tell my patients to stay away from any product that will "thin the blood" for 4 weeks following your procedure. Supplements that contain green tea have been shown to " thin the blood" in some cases. Please consult with your surgeon.

Breast Augmentation - Green Tea

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery.  Check with your plastic surgeon prior to taking anything, he/she will know your history and current status.  Typically, most medications may be resumed  2 weeks after surgery.  Best of luck with your recovery. 

Rafi S. Bidros, MD, FACS

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  At 8 days after a breast lift and augmentation you should be fine to resume your supplement.  Always best to clear changes in your recovery with your physician surgeon.  Hope this helps.

Should be fine

You should be fine to take most supplements.  Most over-the counter supplements are safe.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

This should be fine

I would check with your doctor.  I allow my patients to resume all supplements at 2 weeks post-op.

Best of luck to you!

Nicholas Husni, MD, PhD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon