Is it bad to pull out hairs with my fingers after a laser hair removal session?

I had my first laser hair removal session on my bikini area 10 days ago. The doctor asked me not to wax, tweeze or shave the hair as it will fall out on its own after about two weeks and that I could shave the hair that would then regrow (but not earlier). It's been 10 days and I noticed that just by lightly scratching the hairs or by pulling them out with my fingers, they come out easily. Am I hindering the process by doing that or are they at the stage where they would fall off anyway?

Pulling hairs out after Laser Hair Removal

Do not tweeze or wax during laser hair removal treatments. Doing so removes the hair follicles the laser targets. Only shave while receiving treatment. Please follow your doctors post treatment instructions. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Follow Your Doctor's Protocol with Laser Hair Removal

I recommend following your Dr's protocol and shave the hairs rather than pulling them. You're not hindering the process, but follow the recommendations provided by your Dr. for best results. Best, Dr. Emer

Pulling hairs out after LHR

Whether you pull or wax, you are doing the same thing. I would shave the area. You remove the target of the laser when you remove the hair.

Steven F. Weiner, MD